Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Best Credit Cards

User Info Menu

Best Credit Cards

In the past I have been hit with 3% foreign transaction fees when using credit cards in Jamaica. Discover cash back card, is now accepted in Jamrock and has no foreign transaction or annual fees. I don't know how widely discover is accepted but I do know coco lapalm and xtabi both accept it. Capital One rewards VISA has no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees. Check these cards against the ones you are currently using.

On the beach I use local currency. The credit cards are for hotel, dining and other larger expenses.
    Praise Jah

User Info Menu

What's in YOUR wallet?

User Info Menu

Get the schwab investor checking & brokerage account with VISA network card. No fees and they rebate ATM fees. When you transfer money in or out of the account it takes a couple days (they have to earn some how) but otherwise good. Very attentive and helpful customer service.

User Info Menu

Best credit cards...no balance...high limit :-)

User Info Menu

Why use a credit card? We only use it for the ability to charge things to the room, but we pay in cash at checkout. My ATM doesn't incur the 270J surcharge when used at NCB terminals and my bank doesn't charge a fee at NCB either. Never have to worry about CC fraud this way....not saying we don't bring a couple to JA...they are there for emergency use only...why pay 3 percent on top of your bill? Why subject yourself to the risk of fraud?
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Capital One is all I use in JA. No foreign transaction or exchange fees, bank rate of exchange. And if it is stolen or lost or the number stolen, everything taken care of quickly with no liability. Cash can't do that

I do carry a debit card to get cash and as a backup, but having that # stolen is a much bigger pain since it's my bank account being debited, rather than a credit account I don't have to pay back to Capital One if the charges are fraudulent.