Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much willpower does it take for a big-hotel worker not to jump in pool one time?

User Info Menu

How much willpower does it take for a big-hotel worker not to jump in pool one time?

Could you imagine working at one of the big hotels or an AI and having to wear long pants n uniform every day at work for years and years but never be allowed to jump in the pool? It gets HOT .... That would be TOUGH .....

User Info Menu

No..not really..Jams use to showering and changing a few times a day...they take pride in their appearance as well as their behavior and would not"jump in a tourist pool to cool off" save those antics for the spring breakers..they go home, clean up and and put on clean clothes..
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

I saw a kitchen guy jump off of the West End at around 10PM for $50. A guest just threw it out at the bar that he would give $50 to the first person to make the plunge, and the gentleman working beat everyone else. It was quite the scene to see everyone making the mad dash. Next thing you know everyone is jumping in. Quite the good night.

User Info Menu

I usually have my coffee in the morning hours in Fireflys beach. Here is a pic of a friend who works across the street who showed up and said I haven't been on the beach in a year. Cracked me up. Anybody recognize him?

Name:  P1000448.JPG
Views: 561
Size:  58.1 KB

User Info Menu

Funny but sad too! I live on Cape Cod and I haven't been to the beach in years. Mostly because I'm working and also because to me, Cape beaches don't compare to Negril. Maybe I'll go watch the sunset tonight - too cold to swim.

User Info Menu

it's not difficult at all, when you work around it all day it's nothing special. I used to work at the beach/pool in a big Waikiki hotel and it never bothered any of us employees at all.... we just walked off-property out to the beach to play & swim when work shift ended...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shooter1 View Post
    I usually have my coffee in the morning hours in Fireflys beach. Here is a pic of a friend who works across the street who showed up and said I haven't been on the beach in a year. Cracked me up. Anybody recognize him?

Name:  P1000448.JPG
Views: 561
Size:  58.1 KB
    Little Mikey James from Green Leaf.... and his father used to be a fisherman, his brother still is ... hahahaha

User Info Menu

It would get old after a while, I'm sure. But until you hit that 'over it' mark, it would personally drive me crazy! I'd want to jump in.

Felt that way about having a pool, at first I stayed in all the time then it got where I never use it.

User Info Menu

i dont know many ja people that 'know how to swim' - which i think is crazy, but maybe that is just means in the ocean? i have formed a conclusion, right or wrong, that allot of ja people dont get in the ocean simply becuase they know what the ocean is capable of.. maybe pools are different.. but i honestly dont think it even phases most ja resort employees... i could be way off.. as for long pants? it isnt warm in ja to jamaicans, its normal.. everyone wheres long pants - not just at work.. i dont think i have ever seen some of my ja friends in shorts..
    Last edited by jasperpso; 04-04-2012 at 08:21 AM.

User Info Menu

I had that conversation with a worker at Couples Negril. He was serving water/drinks at lunch on a hot day and telling us how much he wanted to run out of the dining room across the beach and jump in the sea.