Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow marks another beginning of hurricane season......sigh, here we go again

User Info Menu

Tomorrow marks another beginning of hurricane season......sigh, here we go again

Content removed for copyright infringement

User Info Menu

With thethe crazy weather going on in the states, I have a feeling it's going to be just as crazy in the caribbean this season (just my opinion-and yes, I hope I'm wrong)
    I'll be going back mid August and then all of Nov...so yes, I'll be watching those hurricane trackers like I did last year...Mother Nature,she can be one unpredictable lady at times...
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

In SC, we are always watching the tropics, too. We had Hurricane Hugo was 22 years ago, and we have never forgotten it. 100 miles inland was just as torn up as the coastline. You just learn to live with it!
    Paradise Found--- June 11th through 18th--Country Country

User Info Menu

Hahaha

Emmie,
    I grew up in Myrtle Beach, I survived Hurrican Hugo too.
    And then moved to Florida and survived the year of 4 back to back hurricanes in a row, one every weekend. Had some pretty great hurricane parties
    To be honest hurricanes never bothered me at all, that is until last year, a storm hit Negril ONE week before my wedding and heavily damaged Catcha Falling Star (my wedding location) and Tensing Pen (my honeymoon location) and I had to replan my entire wedding from scratch (including a new location and a new place to stay for me and my 28 guests) in less than a week.......after that, I can't say I am a fan of this season!

LOL

User Info Menu

OMG, I guess not! What can you do except go with the flow, lol. I remember those Florida storms, we were always afraid they were heading to SC next!
    Paradise Found--- June 11th through 18th--Country Country

User Info Menu

When I lived in Miami I always dreaded June-November...you just never knew when you were going to have to put the heavy ass hurricane shutters up...those metal ones are no joke. All it had to do was rain for more than an hour and there was flooding...then the aftermath of billions of mosquitos from the standing stagnant water...ugh!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

The poor Jamaicans.....aint got much, whatever they do get, once a year at least, Mother Nature comes along and takes what little they have........
    and yet ....have ya ever seen bigger smiles??........God Bless 'em
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

I love the big smiles!

User Info Menu

Was in Cancun for Gilbert....watched the hotel's three story showpiece windows in the lobby explode..had to sleep in the hallway, when the room windows blow it turns the room into a Waring blender...

Oh, and survived two tornado as well, one on the freaking golf course, no less...no warning sirens on the golf course!
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Going to Jam 18 June to 03 Jul. Living in Montreal, we don't get much hurricane activity! I have always wanted to be in one to experience the awesome power of nature! But now, after reading all this - YIKES & GADZOOKS! You're scaring me! RR - you have done it all! My God! Maybe you should come Montreal ... all we have is mind-numbing, finger-freezing cold for 3 months of the year and mega snowstorms! I am beginning to like the sounds of our snowstorms. Not so bad - so long as you have winter tires and a shovel, you're good to go ... slow, but go! They are predicting a "very active hurricane season in the Atlantic Basin". I hope that doesn't mean I get my sort of wish!