Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: coco la palm or white sands

User Info Menu

coco la palm or white sands

Hello everyone, planning a trip to Negril from May16-21 and I'm stuck between these 2 places to stay. Both have great reviews, but CCLP is a little more expensive.

Any suggestions???

User Info Menu

Co Co La Palm was SOOOOO NICE~~Abd worth every penny. IMO~~ We have not stayed at white sands
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Have not stayed at White Sands.

But Mi Lady and I have stayed at the Co Co now 10 times in the past 5 years and would not go anywhere else. The beach is the best, wide and deep. There are numerous spots with shade when the sun gets to be too much. There are 2 pools to cool. The staff is just excellent and the food has improved over the years.

The rooms we have stayed in are spacious. They have coffee and a coffeemaker, fridge, wet bar in some, King or Queen beds, A/C, ceiling fan, balcony or porch on most.

We just love it there.

User Info Menu

Have to agree with weathermon. We are headed back for our 2nd visit (with a third already booked too). CCLP is a great little place! Sorry cant comment on White Sands.

User Info Menu

Just stayed there last week at CCLP and we are going back April 17. Well worth the money.
    White Sands is not in the same league in my opinion.

User Info Menu

There is no comparison if your a beach person, Coco has a nice wide stretch of beach, and one of the nicest pools in Negril, Whitesands every one is crammed into that small little beach area.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

No contest. Definitely CoCo, unless you're on a tight budget, then White Sands would be a good choice.

User Info Menu

CoCo is really nice place to stay - much better everything but go visit the bar at White Sands. They have great drinks and it is a fun place.

User Info Menu

Love White Sands. Coco La Palm did seem very nice. Haven't stayed there, but walked through a few times. Bigger, and seemed to me more of a resort feel, with all the pools and restaurants on site. "Nicer", but in aspects that really don't concern me, such as the pools or tv's. I kinda like the smaller feel of White Sands, and absolutely love it there. Simple rooms, basic, but with fridge and A/C, so I have all I need. But really can't go wrong either place.

User Info Menu

Not just more expensive at Coco but in a whole different class -- more like comparing a 1.5 star with WS to a 3.5 star to Coco ....