Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre Trip Airlines stress.......... UGH.....

User Info Menu

Angry Pre Trip Airlines stress.......... UGH.....

Oh My, I checked on line to make sure everything was in order for our flight. WHAT????? NO SEAT ASSIGHMENTS??? WTF?? I booked in January through Chase Ultimate Rewards, made our seat selection,
    Paid in full for the tickets. So now I start to worry as I look online NO seats available. I call Chase who tells me to call American Airlines. So I am on hold for 27 minutes waiting for a rep. Finley I get a Real person. She tells me " Yes you have seats, but I cannot assign it to you because it is an Exit Row seat." WTF??
    You will get a seat apon arrivial. Now this makes me worry a bit because I NEEED to set by JIM when we fly as I am afraid. As long as we have seats together, I really do not care where we set. Has this happened to you? Did you get the seat you wanted? Airlines really make me CRAZY!!~~ Thanks for letting me vent.
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Honestly, Delta called me to see if I would change my flight, I got a voucher which was great. If I was you I would call back, tell them you have special needs and need to be seated next to your husband for help to the restroom, in and out of your seat, etc. Airlines have cut back on flights, extra charges for everything. Yes, things are bad all over. Enough is enough...

User Info Menu

No Jili you don't do that! With a special needs statement you can't get the seat you requested, exit row. Now you are at their mercy. Just get to the airport EARLY and you stand a better chance of seat selection, of course American Airlines does Suck, they wouldn't be bankrupt, just keep trying on line for seat selection, or night before , when you print out your boarding passes, you do do that right? Then you may have a better chance or as I said ealier get there Early!

User Info Menu

Jim and I plan to be there by the time the counter opens at 3:30 AM. Wish us luck~
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-Donna View Post
    Oh My, I checked on line to make sure everything was in order for our flight. WHAT????? NO SEAT ASSIGHMENTS??? WTF?? I booked in January through Chase Ultimate Rewards, made our seat selection,
    Paid in full for the tickets. So now I start to worry as I look online NO seats available. I call Chase who tells me to call American Airlines. So I am on hold for 27 minutes waiting for a rep. Finley I get a Real person. She tells me " Yes you have seats, but I cannot assign it to you because it is an Exit Row seat." WTF??
    You will get a seat apon arrivial. Now this makes me worry a bit because I NEEED to set by JIM when we fly as I am afraid. As long as we have seats together, I really do not care where we set. Has this happened to you? Did you get the seat you wanted? Airlines really make me CRAZY!!~~ Thanks for letting me vent.
    This echos my experience EXACTLY, except that I booked through American Express and we are flying US Airways. I booked back in January for our trip at the end of April, and our confirmation e-mail even includes our seat numbers. Now, when I look at our reservation on the US Air website, it says that we don't have any seats reserved and that there are no seats available. I called customer service and they said I have 2 options: I can pay an upgrade charge for "Premium Seats" (which are really no better than regular seats - they are not even exit row) or I can wait until check-in time and roll the dice. I refuse to pay for their premium seat scam, so I plan to keep checking the website for something to open up, or just do an online check-in 24 hours before the flight and hopefully snag 2 seats next to each other. It's just so frustrating knowing that we booked our flight before half of the other passengers, and now we lost our seat assignments - while some other jerk has the seats he wants.

Like you, Donna, my wife gets upset when we are not seated together. When this happened on our trip to Virgin Gorda, we were forced to swap seats with other passengers in order to sit next to each other. Sometimes the flight attendants are kind enough to facilitate seat swapping, in order to keep families and couples together.

User Info Menu

We flew American in February and were not able to sit next to eachother. We purchased our tickets in September, had a itinerary change made by the airline and ended up having to sit seperately. It stinks!!!!
    Are you living, or just existing?

User Info Menu

American has been doing some crazy things here lately...even with business travel where we pay FULL PRICE!! I agree, get there EARLY to get a seat. Or try to do it online the day before.
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Angry Exit Row Seats

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-Donna View Post
    What they forgot to tell you is that exit row/bulkhead seats are first come first served so please get to the airport early to ensure you get those seats or you may have to get crazy LOL.
    When you help someone expect nothing in return and you will receive your reward ten times over.

User Info Menu

When you get to counter-you could ask-right out of the gate whos in charge cuz you have a serious problem...Hopefully that will cut to the chase and you'll be on your way...looking forward to you guys trip report -I know you'll be driving and going allover....
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

The exit row is the best seat on the plane. I guarantee that someone will want them if you don't and you will get their assigned seats. I always ask for them when I get to the airport. Stop stressing!