Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre Trip Airlines stress.......... UGH.....

User Info Menu

Thank-you all so much. This board ROCKS~~! See you all soon. PEACE
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Allow me to put in my two cents? First of all - PLEASE don't stress it. Take a deep breath and Rest assured that all will be well. Worrying about it NEVER fixes anything and only puts your colon in knots. Plus I would avoid getting designated as a special needs traveler. You don't know what that can lead to. Try to get your assigned seats when you do the 24 hour on line check in. Get to the airport early and they should be able to accommodate. I know things have been crazy with the airlines but it is a reasonable request and I have seen flight attendants really try to help. I have been fortunate in that I rarely have such problems. Occasionally, I have ended up in the very same "premium" seat that they had offered to sell me for a higher price.

Sending you good vibes and blessings for a safe and happy trip!

User Info Menu

I booked several months ago with Continental, who was taken over by United. United started changing flights and times and the last one was a mess. I wouldn't have time for a layover in Houston at a hotel, so that means I have to stay awake or take cat naps for 24 hours. I complained to them. They said I could change flights which of course meant a $150 fee. I could call a toll free number from Jamaica but that never worked for me before because they put me on hold and use up my phone card quick. It is not toll free. LOL. Also they took one of my seats away but I got it back. They also put that I was coach when I am first class. Got that straightened out on the website. Too many bad things happening with United. I see American is going out of Dallas now so will change to them. It is very difficult for us West Coasters to make flight arrangements.
    If your dream doesn't include the "impossible", it's too small - Joel Osteen

User Info Menu

Same thing happened to us with American, had our seats booked & now from Dallas to Mo Bay & Mo Bay Back to Dallas we do not have any seat assigned. They said we will have to wait till the morning of to try & get seats .......this sucks.
    Getting Old Isn't For Sissy's!!

User Info Menu

On the flight coming down (Delta), when I got there they said they'd changed my seat & asked if I minded being changed to the window seat (heck no, love it), so when I got there a young couple were in the other seats, so obviously they switched seats around so the couple could sit together I bet they'll do that for ya'll also, especially if you leave word that you are trying to get seats together.

Last trip, my daughter & I traveled together & unfortunatley we did not sit together but were within sight, and hey it was all good, we made it there

Bottom line, always a lot of single travelers on the plane won't mind switching around a little bit so ya'll can sit together, I bet....

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Lulu and Al;46177]No Jili you don't do that! With a special needs statement you can't get the seat you requested, exit row.

NO LIE! I almost made that mistake years back, claiming you need a Exit Row seat for health or medical reasons is one SURE way of not getting it !...You must be ABLE to assist others in leaving in a emergency, also the removal of the cabin door requires lifting on your part.......You argue that, the pilot will come back and ask you to sit and ride or walk!
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning