Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: double deck buses in negril

User Info Menu

double deck buses in negril

ladies and gentleman please settle a disagreement with a workmate, she says that double deck buses could be used in negril, i say that the wires that cross the West End road are to low,

User Info Menu

I think the one at DeBuss was a double decker.

Respect,

User Info Menu

I have seen them there, back in the day, but that was before electricity

User Info Menu

It depends on the height of the vehicle and the measured clearances. Never seen a clearance marked anywhere in Negril, or Mo Bay or Kingston either, so I wouldn't take any vehicle over 7 foot anywhere. Probably ok, but not worth the trouble if you tear wires or branches down.

Dave
    It's these changes in latitude, changes in attitude
    Nothing remains quite the same.
    With all of our running and all of our cunning,
    If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
    Jimmy Buffett

User Info Menu

Most deckers are around 14.5 ft tall, and i know some of the wires on west end are a lot lower then that, My work mate has the crazy idea of bringing open top bus tours to jamaica using buses like this
    Name:  opentop (Large).jpg
Views: 308
Size:  82.4 KB

Good idea maybe but unless you get all the wires moved not going to happen,

I will make no comment about females and ideas they get in their heads

User Info Menu

Whoa, 14.5 feet tall would cause you to plan your route very carefully in the US. Many interstate overpasses are less than 14 feet. And foolish truckers hit them too often...
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

There is some rather large trucks that make their way up the cliff.

Didn't get a chance to measure the height tho ------------>
    How much further? Oh, just around the bend.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PLFA4931216CEBD1FA

User Info Menu

The one at De Bus was actually part of the movie set "Live and let die" that was filmed in Jamaica....I am not sure if it ever was in service or was just brought over to be used in the film...A friend of ours from many years past actually helped set up the bus there and it became De Bus as a jerk stand...order down below and sit up top to eat your meal...It was right up by the road...They eventually cleared the lot all the way to the beach by hand and setup the best music venue ever on the beach....Home of the best chicken and sauce on the beach as well....
    BE A TRAVELR

User Info Menu

And didn't they have a radio station that broadcast from there as well (De Bus, that is)