Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone stayed at Villa Sur Mer?

User Info Menu

Yep! Pumpkin soup and Chicken Lola is what I order every time from LTU, it's delicious!!!! Yum!

And yeah the tunnel leads from the side of the road where you will be staying to the cliff side water access....it goes underneath the road....how cool is that?!?!

User Info Menu

Hey Clarity-ltu one of my neighborhood hang-outs..You will most likely meet/run into the local artist Karl Ricketts..I think one of his little painting would makea great anniversary gift for you two..Just ask at the bar that you'd like to meet up..he usually stops/hangs there..
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by suzengrace View Post
    Hey Clarity-ltu one of my neighborhood hang-outs..You will most likely meet/run into the local artist Karl Ricketts..I think one of his little painting would makea great anniversary gift for you two..Just ask at the bar that you'd like to meet up..he usually stops/hangs there..
    Good idea!

User Info Menu

I've stayed there a few times and on both sides of the street. Villa sur mer is awesome.
    The staff is great and will accommodate you in everyway possible! There is a grocery store walking distance and you can hire a chef come and cook for you. You are right next
    to LTU which is a great bar to drink at. I will post some pics for you. My wife has alot!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by irieworld View Post
    oh no Monk, did you have to mention bats to the bat-trauma victim? Clarity you might have to do some bat immersion to get the "bats are bad" association removed from your psyche. Pumpkin soup is awesome at LTU--my favorite! I have also gone there just for a cocktail and shared french fries with a friend--kicking back and enjoying the view.

Attachment 12628Attachment 12629
    yikes I had no idea...seriously though they are harmless and fun to watch and devour mosquitoes by the gazillions...very helpful creatures.

clarity this reminds me of the start of Batman...
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

monk you have to check out her recent trip report--it includes and awesome hilarious and a little bit paranoid bat adventure at Catcha

User Info Menu

Clarity, I found my pics, they are from 2003, I can email you some if you want, they are not on my computer, Id have to scan them. The view is spectacular, you're going to love it!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by irieworld View Post
    monk you have to check out her recent trip report--it includes and awesome hilarious and a little bit paranoid bat adventure at Catcha
    would it make her feel better to know that the human arm and a bat's wing are basically the same structure, evolutionarily speaking...lol?
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone!

Suzengrace - I'll keep my eye out for Karl Ricketts at LTU pub, we would love to own one of his paintings some day. I hear so much about him! Thanks for the heads up!

Koolbreeze and Littlebird - I would love to see any pictures you're able to share of VIlla Sur Mer! That would be awesome! Thank you for the info! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    would it make her feel better to know that the human arm and a bat's wing are basically the same structure, evolutionarily speaking...lol?

lol Monk - no that doesn't make me feel better!!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Yes Clarity-you have to check out his work-it really is not that expensive and am sure he'd give you a good deal if you tell him its your 10 yr anniversary..He usually hangs out there-like i said, let the bartenders know you want to link-up..The rest will follow..
    My own little ricketts painting I bought is so cherished-its not very big- 8 by 8inch-i got it professionally framed..Its something I enjoy looking at everyday (its a scence from the beach near cosmos restarant)
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)