Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone stayed at Villa Sur Mer?

User Info Menu

Has anyone stayed at Villa Sur Mer?

We booked 2 nights at Villa Sur Mer for our 10 year wedding anniversary and we're completely thrilled! This is certainly going to be the nicest place we have EVER stayed at. The private villas and the grounds look amazing!

The anticipation is killing me. I've already read every single review on trip advisor and looked at every picture posted there about 100 times over. I can't help it, I'm just incredibly excited. This is really a big deal for us.

Unfortunately since it's a relatively new resort, there aren't that many reviews or pictures available.

Has anyone stayed at Villa Sur Mer? I know somebody here must have! What was the experience like for you? What cottage did you stay in? Do you have any pictures you could share?

Thanks for any feedback you can offer!

-Daisy
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

you don't mind if we have another two-day boardie party there with ya???

User Info Menu

Hahaha gerryg!

It's actually not a new property. It has been around for sometime, at least since 2006 because that was when I first found it and tried to book it for my 30th birthday. But back then the "Big House" that is now what it is referred to, I think, was the entire property. It was just on the cliffs and it was one big villa that was I think either 4 or 6 individual rooms, you could rent a room or the whole villa.
    But I think last year (? or maybe year before...I could be wrong on this) is when they renovated and they built the newer villas across the street and then also rennovated the big house into one continuous open large villa. And then of course the underground tunnel....which to me just sounds so unbelievably cool.....I wish I still had the pictures I had of it back in 2006 when we were thinking of booking it....just so you could see the difference.
    However, still to this day I have never stepped foot on the property so I am REALLY looking forward to your upcoming stay so we can get one of those world famous Clarity/Hubbyman Trip Report reviews of this place.

P.S. What I CAN tell you is that the owner is super nice and very helpful so that is always a plus in my book

But man oh man do the photos look amazing.....I sure can't wait to hear all about it! I feel as if I am as excited as you are! Hahaha
    (Take LOTS of photos)

User Info Menu

We have not stayed there but did do a tour of the property.....very lush, very private....in fact only two couples were staying there when we visited last May.....you should have a grand time there.

User Info Menu

lol Gerry - We're not renting the Main Villa House! If that were the case, I would be throwing a 2 day party for sure! That house looks amazing! Six bedrooms and a view of the sea. Can you imagine?
    We'll be staying in one of the little one bedroom villa cottages across the street

Thanks Scott & Janet! - yeah, It looks really private and I like the vibrant foliage all around the grounds! It looks kind of hidden. that's what attracted us to it. We really wanted to get away from it all for a while and just be alone together for our anniversary.

Thanks Marley! I can't wait!!
    and Yes, We'll be taking tons of pictures! There is wireless internet there, so I'll definitely post an update from Negril.
    I'm beginning to feel like we are pioneers on uncharted grounds! lol
    I guess I'll go back to gazing at the aerial view of Villa Sur Mer on google maps...
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Clarity, what an awesome place you picked. I stayed there years ago, so my pics are kind of old. It was so great, right next to LTU! I cant wait to hear about your stay there, enjoy!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

I have stayed there BUT, it was years ago....when there was nothing across the street except a few small buildings that housed some of the workers and laundry facilities etc. The only rental was ocean front and had 4 villas. We lucked into it big time. I think Xavier Chinn owned it at that time...a gentleman from Kingston was what I was told. Anyhow, we were snorkeling one day and viewed it. One of the workers was standing there and we asked if we could come up and see it. She says "no problem". It was beautiful even back then....and the great thing was, it was only 800US per week for the 2 bedroom villa with a housekeeper, cook, etc. Obviously, we signed up that day for the next year. Turned out, we were the only couple there for most of our week stay. It was truly heavenly!!

When we were in Negril in late December, we toured the area across the street. It was really nice. The room we toured was really beautiful. It was really quiet...almost too quiet. But, with that said, I am not being critical. I am just use to everyone talking, laughing, some music playing, etc. It could have been just a quiet time of the afternoon.

I would be excited if I had the chance to stay there a day or so. The staff that we met there were really great! I can't wait to hear all about it in your awesome reports! There is a really cool underground entrance to go snorkeling and it is truly a great area to do so. Plus, having LTU nearby is always a plus. Enjoy to the max!!

User Info Menu

It's awesome, the whole property.

You are going to love it.
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

Well, I never stayed there, but spent an afternoon there, by the pool and it was so cool! Did Patron shots at the bar! I was not paying! It might be the coolest place I ever have been, and thgere is a cave that goes under the road to the sea access.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Thanks Monk, PGW and Lawngirl - Now I'm even MORE excited! I can't believe it's right around the corner now! This trip is really happening! It Feels so surreal!

I've never been to LTU pub, it's on my list of places to check out so I'm looking forward to it. Is there a dish that you would recommend the most to try?

Yetta - thanks for the info on Villa Sur Mer. We definitely will enjoy every single minute there to the max!

So the cave is on the side of the street that the private villa cottages are located and it leads underground to a sea access? Am I understanding that right? I keep trying to visualize this and I can't!

Does anyone know how long Villa Sur Mer has been around? The earliest review I could find on Trip Advisor was 2006, So I figured it was built six years ago. Did it have another name before that date?

Does anyone have any pictures?
    Carpe Diem