Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!

User Info Menu

I'm sorry that your house was damaged.
    I'm also sorry to hear about your dilemna, I know how it is with families..

My first instinct was to tell you to Keep your April trip...
    But that's just because I was looking forward to meeting you! haha
    In all honesty, I don't know what I would do in this situation.

I agree with what Sweetness said - Follow you heart on this one.
    Either way, you will be going back to Jamaica! So that's a great thing!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Good luck with that decision...we would def. miss you in April...but a free trip is hard to pass up!

User Info Menu

OMG! Thank God you and your mom weren't injured when the tree fell!

I also agree with Sweetness. You have to follow your heart on this one. Tough decision for sure.

User Info Menu

Family dynamics are tough even when you know the whole deal much less a brief overview from afar but I'll try to give you a few things to think about. Opportunity costs vs actual costs, family harmony vs sense of self, control issues vs supportive behavior, where do what you want to do and what you need to do fit in the picture?

Good Luck, Peace and Understanding
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

I've got to ask- what is ATI? At first I thought you were referring to the educational place, but now it sounds like it is something in Jamaica? Sorry to be dull

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bchfun View Post
    I've got to ask- what is ATI? At first I thought you were referring to the educational place, but now it sounds like it is something in Jamaica? Sorry to be dull
    ATI is far from educational

its a 3-4 day long event with 8 parties sponsored by Smirnoff( RTI) and Appleton (ATI).. you can pay for each party or you can buy a wristband for all 8 for $150-200 (im not sure).. and its all inclusive of alcohol and food.

User Info Menu

Well since i cant go in april,and usually go at ATI with my son, at least you might meet one great boardie then,lmao
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Family is Family, they are around through thick and thin, sometimes we are faced with decisions that seem difficult, but it's important to break it down to it's most basic component. In chis case, Mom = Well Being (Not being harassed by her mom) = peace of mind. The trip to ATI will not be the same as going with all the boardies, but it's a personal sacrifice with greater gains.

Note: There's another Boardie Greet coming in December, take the Free Trip to ATI, save the money you would have spent and put it in the bank, come in December and you'll see Brasi, Patti, me (and the kidlettes) and about 29 - 35 boardies. No there won't be a belly flop, but there will be shower show competition.. hahahahha
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Thank you for all of your help..

After talking it through with myself, and a little help from my friends (Beatles reference hahaha )

i have decided to take the free trip, though i could do both by my self, I do not want to stress my mother out even more, she already has to deal with the tree stuff, and being displaced from her home, which is no fun. Also, my family is so tight knit that everyone knows everything, and that would only cause a massive headache for me.

sooo with a legally binding contract that i wrote myself.. and signed in pink! (im almost 95% sure its not really legally binding)

my april trip is no more =(

I am, however, pushing for a December trip, because i know that's another big boardie month.

i think the belly flop competition needs to be a webcast lol
    Last edited by BreanaAshlee; 04-06-2012 at 09:26 AM.

User Info Menu

Breanna congratulations think your family will be happier. Think anytime you are there you will have a good time. :-)
    Last edited by Angel; 04-06-2012 at 09:29 AM.