Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Catcha off limits to sea star guest!..

User Info Menu

If one wants to stay at catcha they should....its great...but if you choose to stay somewhere else but want to use another property as yours you shouldntcexpect that...think of this u go to new York city stay at the holiday in would you expect to go to the ritz to use the pool or would you call for a restaurant reservation or stop by the bar

User Info Menu

I'm staying there... so I am completely fine with their policy. Makes me feel safer. If all you have to do is make a reservation... make it.

User Info Menu

Well said, garysteph!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    Well said, garysteph!
    Thank you.. thank you very much!

User Info Menu

Wow, I'd imagine that may change some folks mind about Seastar no matter how wonderful. I know different strokes....but access to the sea is a must for me, I have NEVER been in a pool in Negril. That is the ONLY down side about The Oasis on the west end.....

User Info Menu

No problem!
    Also, South Carolina? I grew up in Myrtle Beach and went to Coastal Carolina University!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    No problem!
    Also, South Carolina? I grew up in Myrtle Beach and went to Coastal Carolina University!
    Yep... good ole SC. North Augusta here... complete land lock! MB was where we always went for vacation until we moved to St. Augustine for a couple of years! It's hard to go back to SC beaches when you've experienced FL beaches! I can't imagine what Jamaica is goong to do to me!

User Info Menu

Irie_Dawta

Not a problem for this Seastar Fan - there is a shuttle every day to the beach if I want the ocean along with plenty of other options if I need to enter the sea

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irie_Dawta View Post
    Wow, I'd imagine that may change some folks mind about Seastar no matter how wonderful. I know different strokes....but access to the sea is a must for me, I have NEVER been in a pool in Negril. That is the ONLY down side about The Oasis on the west end.....
    Why would it "change some folks mind about Seastar"?
    Seastar has never hidden that it's not on the sea & offers an incredible & affordable vibe that is rare to find anywhere elsewhere in Negril!
    Catcha Falling Star's policy is the same as it has been.
    Catcha Falling Star for quite a few years now, has only allowed their paying room guests access to the property during the day with access to outside guests after 5pm in the restaurant & bar only.
    In Tattoo's case...there was a wedding going on & access to non-room guests that evening was limited to reservations only...not really a big deal.
    There's also other properties available to visit that have open access to non-room guests...Xtabi for example.

User Info Menu

when I stayed at SeaStar in Feb........I just took a 5 minute $100 Route Taxi down to Pee Wees........
    and swam and snorkeled in da morning........sometimes I didn't even buy a drink at Pee Wees......
    and other times I took the SeaStar van down to the beach and dem stop where you want.......
    so if you are staying at anyplace on da cliffs..........getting to da wata is no problem at all........
    really a non issue for anyone on da Cliffs........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20