Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cell Phone Rental Info

User Info Menu

my lime sim card doesn't expire for 1 yr - so no need to top up online unless you dont visit in 12 months.. digicel was 90 days

User Info Menu

I have a digicel phone. When I am in the states I have no service. Can I still top off online to retain the same number with out having service? If so how exactly does that work?
    Praise Jah

User Info Menu

You guys gave some great info. As I mentioned I don't want to buy a phone. It will be quite a while before I return to JA after this reach and hate to buy one for just 3 weeks and then be stuck with it. Plus I will be making very very few calls so many not even need one. I will find a rental - I appreciate the responses though.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

rasta ronnie you go online to the digicel website and choose the "WebFlex" option - that allows you to "top up" (i.e. add credit) remotely, and that will keep the SIM active. link: http://webflex.digicelgroup.com/

there's also another website called 'EZTop.com' to do the same thing, i haven't had any experience with that one directly though.

and yes, you will only have service when you are physically IN the Digicel network area - not in the USA.
    Last edited by MissBlue; 04-12-2012 at 10:46 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rasta ronnie View Post
    I have a digicel phone. When I am in the states I have no service. Can I still top off online to retain the same number with out having service? If so how exactly does that work?
    Go to www.digiceljamaica, do on line top up. If you take the time to set up an account, you can even set up automatic top up schedule...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
    You guys gave some great info. As I mentioned I don't want to buy a phone. It will be quite a while before I return to JA after this reach and hate to buy one for just 3 weeks and then be stuck with it. Plus I will be making very very few calls so many not even need one. I will find a rental - I appreciate the responses though.
    In the event that it is cheaper to buy than rent, you could always buy and then give it away....

User Info Menu

Thanks Sue but don't want to buy a phone - I was only looking for rental referrals. Got some great places to check so I will be good to go. Bless.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

sue, i have a digicel top off account already set up. that is how i add minutes when in jamaica. can they add minutes to a phone that is not even in the country?
    thanks
    Praise Jah

User Info Menu

Rasta Ronnie, no problem, yes topping up works regardless of where the phone is.

My phone has service (roaming) when i am in the USA - perhaps it depends on the type of phone?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rasta ronnie View Post
    sue, i have a digicel top off account already set up. that is how i add minutes when in jamaica. can they add minutes to a phone that is not even in the country?
    thanks
    As Lola said, it does not matter where the phone is - and if you want, you can set up an automatic top off schedule to keep your phone active without having to keep track on your own. The credits will simply accumulate until you get back & start using it.

Lola? Your phone is probably more advanced than mine - if its a quad band it will work just about anywhere. However, my little simple one did pick up a signal on a cruise ship out of Miami.

JA - soon come....