Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Another Negril Adventure

User Info Menu

Another Negril Adventure

It was just before noon on a Sunday when our flight from Orlando arrived in Montego Bay. Immigration was only about a ten minute wait and then we were outside enjoying the smells and bustle of the airport. Our party of four have enjoyed numerous trips to Negril over the years and right on time Rocky was there to welcome us and whisk us off to Negril.

Name:  DSC02921  _edit [800x600].jpg
Views: 589
Size:  94.5 KB

Name:  DSC02922 Edit [800x600].jpg
Views: 589
Size:  94.8 KB

Rocky had cold Red Stripes for the trip so we didn't make any stops along the way, although we had plans to stop at Biggas for something to eat if he was open, but it being Sunday his stand was deserted. We soon arrived on the beach road in Negril and checked in at Negril Relax Resort which shares a bit of the beach with Merrils III. We soon got settled in our rooms and then decided to go to Bourbon Beach for a late lunch as we hadn't eaten since a lite breakfast at the airport.

Name:  DSC02930_edit [800x600].jpg
Views: 503
Size:  98.2 KB

Name:  DSC02944_edit [800x600].jpg
Views: 583
Size:  76.2 KB

Name:  DSC02953_edit [800x600].jpg
Views: 597
Size:  68.4 KB

Name:  DSC02956_edit [800x600].jpg
Views: 564
Size:  70.0 KB

Next chapter coming soon: We meet GerryG
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

Re: Another Negril Adventure

oh man that first pic just outside the airport got to me soooo bad! Only one more month to go and I will be there! Looking forward to the next chapter from you!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by negrilaholic View Post
    Looking forward to the next chapter from you!
    Me too!

User Info Menu

On Monday morning we were up early at Negril Relax Resort as we had crashed rather early the nite before. Normally in Negril it is difficult to find an early morning cup of coffee. I am happy to report that is not the case at Negril Relax Resort. The kitchen staff began arriving at 6:30 AM and within minutes the coffee was brewed and ready.

Breakfast was almost over for our party of four when GerryG came strllong into the restaurant. Gerry is a big guy with a large smile and he had come to pick up some pictures I had brought for him. For those who haven't met GerryG, he is like a walking goodwill ambassador for tourism in Negril. He soon had us talked into a snorkel trip with Famous Vincent. The plan was for Vincent to pick us up at our hotel for a trip to the reef in a mere 45 minutes.

Normally when we go to Negril, one of the first things we buy is some towels to use at the beach. We didn't have towels yet as the sand gravity had struck pretty hard the day before. But, now with the impending snorkel trip we decided we needed towels so we strolled up the beach to find Tony at his stand by Merrils II. A deal was soon struck and then it was off to the reef.

Name:  DSC02998_edit [800x600].jpg
Views: 482
Size:  72.8 KB

Name:  DSC02996_edit [800x600].jpg
Views: 473
Size:  49.1 KB

Name:  DSC03001_edit [800x600].jpg
Views: 455
Size:  75.4 KB

Name:  DSC03003 [800x600].jpg
Views: 476
Size:  81.2 KB

Name:  DSC03002_edit [800x600].jpg
Views: 467
Size:  82.0 KB

Coming up is snorkeling with a trip to Booby cay.

User Info Menu

I agree, so nice to start with a picture outside the airport. I can feel the excitement in my bones as if I was there! Can't wait to read more.
    Heavenly Negril Trips:
    Feb '11, May '11, Sept '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Feb '12, Oct '12, Feb '13

User Info Menu

After getting towels we grabbed some sunscreen, put on bathing suits and headed to the beach to meet the boat and Famous Vincent. I have been travelling to Negril since 1990 and had never gone out with Famous Vincent before but remember his boat plying the waters over all those years. We all climbed aboard and headed to the reef. A couple of us just went along for the ride but GerryG and our friends went snorkelling. GerryG was using a speargun and made several trips to the boat to bring his catch in.

Famous Vincent also donned snorkel gear and joined the group for awhile after which he spent some time under the boat cleaning the windows and removing whatever grows on the bottom of boats. After everyone had enough snorkelling we headed to Booby Cay. There was a lady there with a stand who was selling wata, juice and some snacks. A fisherman was also there with his canoe and was busy cleaning his catch. After Booby cay we headed back to our resort on the beach and headed to the bar for drinks.

Somewhere along the way we all decided to meet at Bentley's Crabcake Restaurant for dinner the next evening. I had heard about Bentley's but had never been there before. GerryG was soon on the phone making dinner reservations.

Name:  DSC00099 [800x600].jpg
Views: 349
Size:  52.4 KB

Name:  DSC00112 [800x600].jpg
Views: 346
Size:  62.4 KB

Name:  DSC00125 [800x600].jpg
Views: 351
Size:  45.4 KB

Name:  DSC00141 [800x600].jpg
Views: 367
Size:  46.9 KB

Name:  DSC00150 [800x600].jpg
Views: 355
Size:  77.4 KB

Name:  DSC00154 [800x600].jpg
Views: 358
Size:  55.5 KB

Name:  DSC00160 edit [800x600].jpg
Views: 353
Size:  82.5 KB

Name:  DSC00190 edit [800x600].jpg
Views: 367
Size:  75.3 KB

Name:  DSC00193 edit [800x600].jpg
Views: 359
Size:  71.2 KB

User Info Menu

Hello Justchuck.

Very nice pictures

I'm thinking about going to Negril Relax for my next reach and would like to know what are your impressions of this resort ? Do you like it ? How are the rooms ? I would like to have a superior room, did you see one of them ?

Thanks