Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweetness Trip Report - Chapter 1

User Info Menu

Cool Sweetness Trip Report - Chapter 1

Good Morning All
    Jamaica sweet!

Travel uneventful and I was so tired I just enjoyed the ride from Sangster in silence – happy oh so happy to be back on this beautiful island. Internet only in lobby so I will make this short and post when I can but more once I move up to my beloved West End on Monday.

RIU Tropical Bay is amazing. I was afraid of AI (have only stayed at Grand Pineapple) but have to say “it doesn’t suck” lol. Was raining yesterday afternoon when I arrived which was cool because I love rain and need to get settled and take a nap.
    I watched TVJ and Video Alley was on. Top ten videos. If interested here are the top three: 3-Popcaan/Party Shot; 2-Damien Marley/Affairs of the heart; #1 Christopher Martin/Cheaters Prayer. So comforting some how watching the Grace commercials and ads for the comical plays around. Then they played a PAST BLAST (lol) Mikey Spice – My Way. Ahhhhh.

Ordered a small salad w/grill chkn cuz hadn’t eaten since breakfast and it was 3:00. It was nice. The “handsome” welcome wagon took care of my every need and were oh so charming. Observation: In Jamaica, men and women give admiration and appreciation so warmly. Sharing love, compliments and generally making the other person feel nice. I used to think it was just flirting but its more than that – deeper – real love for another even if a stranger. Hm.

It was Jamaica night to my delight and I went to the buffet and sat on the patio – it was freakin amazing. OMG. I am a salad bar addict and I was in heaven. Got filled up on the salad, mussels, tuna (no mayo – just herbs and capers mmmm). But went back in…..and could not resist the pumkin soup (brought a tear it was so good); callaloo and fish….but couldn’t finish it – not used to large meals. Glass of Chardonnay to take back to my room – watched a movie and was out like a light.
    Up this mawnin to the sea view straight from my patio with my blue mtn coffee (6:30 am). Got dressed and went to workout (decent gym) and now having some fresh OJ in the lobby w/you guys. Gonna grab some fruit and then hit the beach/pool – did I mention this does not suck (lol).

[oh and my Mom is feeling better and when I checked yesterday was up and about so I am exhaling and able to enjoy myself – thanks for all your prayers as I truly believe they worked. Bless] More soon come……..ONE LOVE

Name:  017.JPG
Views: 526
Size:  96.0 KB
    Name:  026.JPG
Views: 504
Size:  60.8 KB
    Name:  032.JPG
Views: 524
Size:  65.8 KB
    Name:  051.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  58.7 KB
    Name:  042.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  39.2 KB
    Name:  043.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  46.8 KB
    Name:  055.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  40.8 KB
    Name:  058.JPG
Views: 512
Size:  91.4 KB
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Yeah Sweetness! I always love your reports!

User Info Menu

Looks fabulous!

User Info Menu

Sweetness always makes everything sound wonderful. I love your reports too! It was one of the first ones I read on this site and it was your reports that made us try non all inclusive. Keep them coming. Only 4 days left before we get there.

User Info Menu

We passed by the place on our trip in february and we were scared of it because of the colors of the exterior. Upon seeing your images, i am amazed at What a lovely place it is. Guirigay wanted to say that it does not suck.

User Info Menu

This looks and sounds so sweeeeeeeeeeet! Perfect for our, Sweetness!
    Keep smiling, keep enjoying!
    Soon come, can't wait!

User Info Menu

Finally someone besides myself and the great Rasta Stan standing up for the RIU .... Everyone always trashes the RIUs -- on here, on TA, on the yellow board -- but both properties are NICE .... And a nice beach with no higglers -- you can't put a value on that.

User Info Menu

Have a great time!

User Info Menu

Sweet!!!!! Empress Sweetness.........a new adventure and report to ease my PNSing mind!!! Loving it.........enjoy and keep them coming

User Info Menu

Love the pics and report, and glad to know your Mom is doing better, will be keeping her in my prayers.

I have to admit, if I ever happened upon a good enough deal for a RIU would go for it, from what I understand they are one of the places that even though it's an AI is okay with tipping?