Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airport tears

User Info Menu

Airport tears

My friend recently returned from a sort-of-free trip to The Caves last month. She'd earned the trip through Aveda's rewards program, spending enough over the last few years to pay for the hotel stay for her and her husband. Airline miles paid for the flight, so it was basically free if you ignore how much she had to spend in Aveda products to earn it! With my inch-long hair and low-maintenance "beauty" habits, it would take a hundred years for me.

I ran into her last night, and she told me that she thinks about going back to Negril every single day, and that she literally cried on the way to the airport. And here I thought it was just me- every time we leave, all I can think about is how much room we have on the credit cards and how long it would last before we had to start paying it back.

I could be packed in a half-hour if I can get someone to watch my dog.

User Info Menu

Sadie if I lived closer I would watch your dog for you as I know how I felt last time I left and this time it will be even harder as I will again be leaving my baby behind

User Info Menu

many tears have been shed on that drive
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

I did okay on the drive back, kept it under control, maintained at the airport, but couldn't help but have a few tears I had to hurriedly wipe away as the plane took off on my last trip...

User Info Menu

I'm starting to get serious that once a year for a week or so is not enough. We've got one going off to college next year, the next one two years behind. I love the old girl, but she's going to be 10 this year. I think that we'll be looking at longer-term options, short of moving, in three years.

In the meantime, I'm entertaining myself reading some of the really funny threads on TA. If you can't be in Negril, the next best thing is watching strangers fight about Negril!

Sades

User Info Menu

Sadie,

Every time I leave...I am overwhelmed! I am glad others have the same experience...

The good part is, that feeling usually results in all of us booking/posting about our next trip shortly after returning home!

User Info Menu

I tear up when the plane lands at Sangster! (and on the ride back)

User Info Menu

I hate leaving, i feel sad, and overwhelmed

i always think about extending my trip and go through my calendars and schedules to see if its possible..

Even when i was there for two months it didn't seem long enough.. it never feels long enough.

User Info Menu

It is depressing on the right to the airport. I never know when I'll get to come back. That is what the terribly sad part is!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tfw73 View Post
    It is depressing on the right to the airport. I never know when I'll get to come back. That is what the terribly sad part is!
    I feel just that way too!
    Tears of Joy when we land.
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool