Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Sweetness Trip Report - April 2012 moving to West End

User Info Menu

Sweetness Trip Report - April 2012 moving to West End

Last morning at RIU went and worked out then grabbed some breakfast (10:30 lol). They had tons of fresh juices so had THREE (pineapple, OJ and Mango) so much sugar probably but tasted so nice. Checked out and they said to continue enjoying myself until my driver came at 2:30 (very nice service). So did a bit of internet, sat by pool, had lunch and then time to move up to West End.

My friend driva got caught up in Mobay so sent another and he was good. Took me to HiLo / Cambio (no longer inside HiLo....moved next to the ATM nice clean AC and Western Union too in there.

Stopped and picked up my yute friend and he and taxi man carried my stuff to my room at Banana Shout. Milo and Marianne greeted me with much love and made sure I had all I needed. Went to dinner (first time to Hungry Lion) with a friend. This is such a romantic magical place....who knew? A bit high budget but nice nice service, ambiance and tasty food. We got two things and shared (lemongrass snappa and grill shrimp w/coconut milk sauce). $15US avg. We asked for just veg and salad but comes with rice/peas and other food normally. I always ask what fresh juice they have.....love you can get so many kinds at so many places in JA.....tonight was watermelon juice cool and refreshing.

Slept like a rock listening to the crashing of the waves on the cliffs. More photos and report to follow.....
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Banana Shout was nice for us too. LOVED the tree House!
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Look at all those juices. Rehydrating a little? Have you had soursop juice yet this reach? Wow, that stuff is amazing. Sweetie Pie's one critique of the trip report was "You never mentioned the soursop juice!"
    Last edited by Guirigay; 04-17-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: ?
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

loving the pictures and your report!
    Can't wait to see more of Banana shout!
    I've met Milo but I haven't met Marianne yet, I can't wait!!
    Those juices look delicious...
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Sweetness: you getting burned up already!What's this ? day three? Know you been there zillion times but get the lotion, seeing you around soon.

User Info Menu

Glad you made it the Hungry Lion, Sweetness. A must go restaurant since I first discovered in 1984. Always the best music ambience, too. Whenever anybody asks about good restaurants on the West End, I pipe in, "Hungry Lion!" Nice to hear a second opinion. Don't miss this one Boardies!
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Is the Hungry Lion open year-round?