Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!!Accurate weather forcast needed.

User Info Menu

Help!!Accurate weather forcast needed.

Ok.. Here's the situation. I"m scheduled to be on AJ 44 headed to Jamaica tomorrow morning at 6. I have cancel for any reason insurance and not sure whether or not to use it. The system hanging out by Jamaica doesn't seem to want to leave and I REALLY don't want a whole week of rainy weather.I know a rainy day in Negril is better than a sunny day here BUT .... I'd rather wait if its calling for more than just the typical afternoon showers. Also this trip is to CSA so its on the pricey side for us. Anyone have any from the ground info on the upcoming week? Im totally stressing out!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Living in Negril, I find any "extended forecast" amusing. Rarely can anyone really predict what the weather will be like tomorrow, let alone next week! (grin)

It is currently cloudy, although the sun did show its face about a half hour ago. From what I am seeing on the satellite photos, it does look like the heavy clouds will be moving on in the next few days... here is the link to what I am seeing...

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/watl/loop-ir2.html
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob. I know its impossible to predict the weather,and I remember on our previous trips in June I was expecting rain and was pleasantly surprised that we only got a stray shower or two. But Im afraid this situation may different. I think next trip I won't get "cancel for any reason" insurance. Then I"d be going no mattter what!

User Info Menu

If I were you, I would still go to Jamaica. What if you cancel, and it hardly rains? Go go go! The extended forecast is usually about 10% correct.

Administrator

User Info Menu

It is sunny again here on the West End....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Wish I was there NOW! lol What to do.. what to do....

User Info Menu

GO GO GO! lol
    Paradise Found--- June 11th through 18th--Country Country

User Info Menu

"accurate weather forecast"?? BHA HA HA HA HA HA HA

there is no such animal......

User Info Menu

We've had a couple cloudy days, but not too bad. Everything is still irie - just no beach bummin'. This time of year the mornings are better than the afternoons. Don't waste the morning sun even if you think it will be clear all day!

-RastaCrab

User Info Menu

I cancelled my trip, or I should say postponed. And honestly, the weather wasn't the only reason. I don't know if anyone remembers me asking back in December(my old avi was a sunset pic) if anyone was interested in booking the Penthouse at Blue Cabe Castle. I had to "postpone" my trip then because of family issues. My grandmother(Nana) was hospitalized and I didn't feel I could leave her.I appreciated all the kind words and prayers from you boardies at the time.Well... my grandmother was doing better and I felt comfortable booking for this June,then 3 weeks ago she was readmitted to the hospital and she passed away 10 days ago. I had every intention of postponing again but my family encouraged me to keep my Negril plans(I think they know I NEED it,its been a really tough year) Anyway... after finally deciding to go I check the weather and see words like "heavy rains, possible tropical storm" and I just couldn't get myself to go. I don't think I was physically or mentally prepared. I'm one of those people that starts to pack a month ahead of time and has a whole going to Negril routine. As of this morning I wasn't even packed, But I'm already making plans for a Tensing Pen/Idle Awhile trip for the middle of June so its all good. I think some time on the cliffs is just what I need to get my calm back and reflect on all the changes that have happened this year and recharge.And I'm not even going to look at the weather, if it rains I"ll just get wet! lol