Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My parents want to go to Negril – Need advice on where to stay.

User Info Menu

Yes I beleive that only the Moon and the Star cottages dont have a/c at Catcha, all the other rooms have a/c

User Info Menu

Place for parents to stay

Even without a pool I'd vote Idle Awhile. It's in the middle of a lot of great places but the property itself is somehow very secluded. The staff is amazing and will treat them very well.

If they'd prefer the quiet of the cliffs Idle Awhile has a sister property called Hide Awhile that has a pool and the rooms are AMAZING.

User Info Menu

Thank you so much everyone for your great suggestions and pictures. I just added the new names to the list and provided links to the hotel websites for my parents to look through. I really appreciate all of your help in narrowing it down to the best options for them!
    there are so many great choices. I'm really curious to see what they choose!

I'm just praying that my father's health improves so they can travel to Negril this August. we're taking it day by day...Having a trip to look forward to is definitely lifting his spirits.

thank you!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    Yes I beleive that only the Moon and the Star cottages dont have a/c at Catcha, all the other rooms have a/c
    Marley,
    I was thinking the same thing, but I wasn't a hundred percent sure, so I didn't mention that. It's a shame, because they both look like great units to share with another couple. No worries, I took Libra and my buddy took Sagi. Good times soon come.

User Info Menu

Hi Clarity,

my absolute favorite place is Charela Inn. We stayed there last year and had a sea side room with a kingsize bed. It was very comfortable and in the morning I had a view to the wonderful ocean from my bed. It was a dream. We only had breakfast and it was fine. Idle awhile (next door) is a lovely spot to relax and have lunch but the beach area is IMO to small. The beach area from Charela is really the nicest part from the beach and nearly hassle free. Every guest will have his own palm to lay and dream. We will return for sure. Love Charela
    One Love
    Andrea

User Info Menu

Yes booger, Moon and Star are awesome rooms, if you go in the winter months they are just fine without a/c, all you really need is the fans and you are fine. They are definitely great rooms, but then again everything at Catcha is great.....Just 4 months and I will be in Sagi

User Info Menu

charela inn has a sister property on the cliffs - Mirage

i'm wish they could facilitate moving without too much "drama" if your folks want to do a split trip

User Info Menu

Definitley Idle Awhile. That place is frankly just beyond amazing.