Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: 2 player Jamaican Dominoes?

User Info Menu

2 player Jamaican Dominoes?

Hey all- anyone out there fill me in on the rules of 2 person Jamaican Dominoes?

I got some down- but feel like Im missing some...

begin with 6/6... play on either end going in a line... matching #s... doubles get layed down sideways...

now- is point keeping a must? Whats the object- is it to block the opponent?

An most importantly... when do I get to smack down my domino HARD and make some bumba references?? hahaha

Fill me in if you can! Thanks everyone

User Info Menu

I play a LOT of 2 person dominos. There are many games but this is the one I play most.

Very very easy/simple! Shake the bones; each draw 7 and rest put aside. Double six starts (if neither have you go double five, etc until a double is played to begin). Must match the number on either end of the formation (opening double is the only one not played in a straight line). If you can't play you must pass (tap on table) - no drawing in this version. First one to play all their dominos wins 1 point (and gets to start the next game with any domino they want). First person to win 6 games is the winner of the match. No need to write down the score. For example if I am ahead with three games won and my opponent has only taken one game I would call the score 31 (person ahead is the first number/behind is the second number). If both people cannot play you count total number on each persons dominos remaining and smallest amount wins. [in the rare cause that you have the exact same total of dots on both of your remaining non-playable bones then its a draw and the next game is worth 2 and a double must be played to start again.] One strategy is to keep small dominos til the end if possible. You can also tell what someone is OUT of and can block them and play a few of yours in a row.

I hope that helps - not used to explaining it in writing. Enjoy it is so much FUN.
    Last edited by Sweetness; 04-30-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Here's an online version I play:

Jamaican Dominoes

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Thanks Sweetness n Kevin! Schooled the wifey last night! hee hee

Now- I just need to practice really slapping those bones down! BRAP!

thanks again!

User Info Menu

Hubby and I learned how to play from our host/hostess in Grenada a few years ago. I even managed to hold all my bones in one hand, LOL. It really is a lot of fun!
    dorisw

2017 was our 15th trip to Negril. Other islands we visited: Cozumel, Mexico (4 times) St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba, Harbour Island, Bahamas, Anguilla, St. Maarten/St.Martin, Ambergris Caye, Belize (twice)

User Info Menu

wow rumrunner impressive.....I was excited when I held mine in two hands instead of them wobbling on the table top.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Hey Sweetness, our host was very impressed too since it was the first time I ever played the game. We played it with 4 people but at home it's just the two of us.
    dorisw

2017 was our 15th trip to Negril. Other islands we visited: Cozumel, Mexico (4 times) St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba, Harbour Island, Bahamas, Anguilla, St. Maarten/St.Martin, Ambergris Caye, Belize (twice)