Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux It’s all true and it never really happened…

User Info Menu

Re: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux: It’s all true and it never really happened…

There is photographic evidence of how quickly this whole thing escalated. Can’t be more than a couple of hours in at Seastar and there are hugs being given and looks being shot at each other that only come from people truly CONNECTED to each other. A great number of these pictures, however, are not for public consumption.

All of this is happening against the sonic backdrop of a Rock and Reggae show. It was LOUD. Fortunately we were all more than happy to get loud ourselves. Such a good time.

Before Luciano goes on we end up by the bar with Booger and Pooper and he’s hanging out with a local and his wife. When the guy turns around I notice that it’s Percy! Boogs and Percy are tight and we have a nice reunion. Percy will end up being my man by the end of the reach. It’s good to have a Good Man in Negril.

Luciano comes on and we head for the dance floor. What a great artist, what an wonderful human being. He has been around so long and done so much that he can kick into a classic like Give Praise as his second or third song and still have tons of material to bring it down at the end. His voice is pure, natural and easy. He sounds every bit as perfect live as he does recorded. I mean perfect. He plays for over two hours, multiple encores. Chris gets the house riled up for the last one. Just awesome. Sweetie Pie is struggling but hangs in, we’re going to see the end of the show. No pictures with Looch afterward, we need to get Sweetie Pie to bed.

Before we leave Clarity and Hubby-man tell us they are going to Mandeville tomorrow to see family but they’ve already paid for the night at Seastar. We can stay in their room tomorrow night if we’d like. We accept, of course! We’ll be able to chill on Monday morning in preparation for the Flop. Excellent. Arrangements are made and we grab a cab back to our crib. The driver doesn’t want to drop us of at the lane on West End. He drives us up to the house and makes a point to note that he’s shining the lights into the yard. “Always have your driver bring you to the house at night here,” he says. We pay him $10.

We slide into bed, it’s comfortable. We are satisfied, a day for the ages. We fall to sleep easily, deeply, soundly.
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Re: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux: It’s all true and it never really happened…

Thank you Giurigay!
    I am loving this trip report so incredibly much, I can't even find the words to express it!
    I just read this during my lunchbreak
    The beginning almost had me in tears
    (You already know I'm Ms. Waterworks)
    I was so moved by your words

then you had me cracking up in some parts

Booger. Everyone we met on Saturday was pretty much exactly as we expected from our board interactions. This was roundly agreed to by just about everyone. Booger, though, not so much. I’d always kind of pictured Booger as a crusty, twisted old coot with a snarky streak.
    I totally snort laughed out loud at that one!
    Yeah, booger was totally not what I expected either
    And "the young amish fellow on rumspringa" ..LOL!

You are really bringing me right back to our trip with your words and all these great details you remembered! I love it!
    Please keep it coming!

and I also agree with Sweetiepie's comment, She said it perfectly.
    Miss you both!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

I sent Jonny a screenshot of your shoutout....he's signing up. Rumspringa....snarky fratboy....LMFAO

OMG, Guiri, you are rocking my world with the way you tell it....but where are the pics please!!!!
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

I have very few pics from the iPhone. Sweetie Pie should be here tonight or tomorrow to add her photos from Saturday. We're going to try out Rob's iPad fix. She had misplaced the Kodak HD camera but found it last night. That has stuff from the SeaSplash party on Sunday night and all the flop video so I'll try to wrangle that up for my next set of updates.

Hello Jonny!

The only applicable photos I have from Saturday are from O'hare in Chicago. $30 worth of Irish Coffees sitting in front of us with our plane to Mo Bay out the back window...

Name:  IMG_0997.jpg
Views: 1612
Size:  84.9 KBName:  IMG_0998.jpg
Views: 1634
Size:  83.3 KB

User Info Menu

Such a fine couple. I miss you both. I will exercise what little patience I can muster up
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post

Yeah, booger was totally not what I expected either
    And "the young amish fellow on rumspringa" ..LOL!
    Yeah me either! For some reason I expected him to be older too, and he was not at all what Booger looked like in my head......in fact the only thing I was right about was the fact that I knew I was going to like him and that he was going to provide a lot of laughs...too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by TizzyATX View Post
    I sent Jonny a screenshot of your shoutout....he's signing up. Rumspringa....
    LMAO.....that had me dying laughing too.....tell Jon his screen name should be Rumspringa! LMAO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    Yeah me either! For some reason I expected him to be older too, and he was not at all what Booger looked like in my head......in fact the only thing I was right about was the fact that I knew I was going to like him and that he was going to provide a lot of laughs...too funny!
    Exactly!
    I knew I was going to like Booger, I knew he would be funny...
    and I was not at all surprised by the mischevious smile that never left his face...
    ... Like he just slipped a whoopie cushion underneath your seat and was just waiting for you to sit down....
    But he was like 20 years younger than I expected him to be.
    I thought he was an older dude and Sandie was his young cute wife
    I mean, he's from L.A....
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

LOL.....Exactly!
    The description of his mischevious smile is SPOT ON!
    LOVE it!

User Info Menu

That's funny. I thought Booger would be a bit older, too .....

User Info Menu

Mischievous smiles? I'm pretty sure that is a common trait of all the boys. Booger? Well hell yes. Ninja? I saw it many times. Markus? what? Are you kidding? Mr. SpottyCatz? Not just the smile, but everything about the guy says "let's do something no one expects!" Jon? I'm not sure I'm qualified to delineate between a mischievous grin and the shatz eating grin he sported most of the week but he is Boogers best bud. Brasi? definitely. Me? Well OK, I might be Senor Dingy Dullpants...

And by the way ladies, I'm all the way to Saturday night. Let's go...