Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 35 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux It’s all true and it never really happened…

User Info Menu

Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux It’s all true and it never really happened…

All standard caveats apply…

Words by Guirigay (mostly) Pictures by Sweetie Pie (mostly)

A few of the fundamental laws of Negril…

There is no loss of energy, ever, only transference.

The act of observation changes the observed.

Every action causes reaction.

A chain reaction, once started, can only be stopped by completion.

As we step through our lives each day a never ending series of choices and decisions initiate an in-numerous set of reactions and chain reactions. These reactions shoot off in different directions. Like the ripples of a stone dropped in the water they emanate out, affecting our view of the past, our relationship to the present and the future we will pass through. We live amongst the intersecting ripples of the effects of our actions. In this respect we truly do, each of us, live in a world of our own creation.

We must have done something right. We just spent 9 days in heaven with a group of angels. I know they were angels ‘cause I saw their souls, and they were almost too beautiful to look at….

Won’t be the same as last time ‘cause it can’t be the same as last time. I’ll try to make it interesting. I hope you enjoy.
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Re: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux: It’s all true and it never really happened…

Saturday
    How can this thing possibly live up to the expectations we have put on it? Mild distress has set in a few times during the week. What the hell are we doing? Why are we dropping several large on a trip we can’t really afford and don’t really need to take? What if everyone is completely different from their board identities and we feel awkward or out of place? Or worse, irritated or uncomfortable? As the time draws closer, though, the excitement grows and the trepidation wanes. If you thought the traffic here was stupid leading up to departure, well, the pm’s and emails and facebook chats were insane!

Then Patty starts the Joe and Manda thread and it strangely feels like we’ve already joined the party long distance. Then it’s really close and we want things to start to slow down. Don’t get here too fast and be over with in a blur. Slow down, man, soon come. We’re going to ride in from Mo Bay with Marley and Ninja and Tizzy and (maybe) Tizzy’s boyfriend and we have all been going nuts the last couple of days as people drop off the board to travel and pop up again in paradise. Very funny go round at 4:20 on 4/20. Are we there yet?

Travel goes smoothly and before you know it we’re sitting at the Groovy Grouper with Chicken’s son, waiting on the gang. First Red Stripe, nice and easy, we got a long night ahead and I haven’t eaten yet. Second Red Stripe, boom. Third Red Stripe is going quick when a tiny platinum blond with HUGE luggage shows up, smiling and arms wide open! I don’t know how she gets around with those things!

We fell right in with Tiz. We had an incredible conversation about how we all ended up sitting at that bar at that moment that was more like a chat you would have with a close family member then it was a meet and greet with a digital acquaintance. It set the stage for much amused observation of our dear Tizzy throughout the week and put both of us in Tizzy’s corner for, well, I’m thinking forever.

I’m into my fourth beer and Tiz is deep into her tale of woe that will be gone when suddenly at the rail to our side appears the Queen of Negril, Marley!! Cinderella? Red Riding Hood? Appropriate we say, she is like a fairy tale character both inside and out. Later in the week she would prove to be our Fairy GodMother…Where’s Ninja? Pulling the luggage with a million watt smile!

Chicken shows up and swaps out with his son, we’ve got the King of the road driving the Queen of Negril and her cohorts to the promised land. Negril soon come…

User Info Menu

Re: Guirigay and Sweetie Pie’s PaRedux: It’s all true and it never really happened…

Yep....all true, every single bit! LOL
    Ok Ok I am getting all excited again just reading these trip reports....alright, I will go home and start on mine...you made me! I will NEVER forget walking up to you all at the Groovy Grouper and sneaking up only to hear the LOUD SQUEALS when you all turned around and saw me, that was the perfect start to the BEST TRIP EVER! This is going to be good! Can't wait!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Guirigay View Post
    As we step through our lives each day a never ending series of choices and decisions initiate an in-numerous set of reactions and chain reactions. These reactions shoot off in different directions. Like the ripples of a stone dropped in the water they emanate out, affecting our view of the past, our relationship to the present and the future we will pass through. We live amongst the intersecting ripples of the effects of our actions. In this respect we truly do, each of us, live in a world of our own creation.

We must have done something right. We just spent 9 days in heaven with a group of angels. I know they were angels ‘cause I saw their souls, and they were almost too beautiful to look at….
    Dude you are already making me cry. OY. But please continue - you write so beautifully.......with love - Sweetness
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Eeeeeehehehehehe!!! I can't take it, it's too much

I'm not good with words, as you are my friend, but I would just like to state that I have not met two finer people. You guys had my heart before I could kill that very first Stripe! Miss you, and can't wait to relive this trip with you and Sweetie Pie. Please kiss her face for me. I know this Trip Report is going to be a doozy....you've already got me all choked up...actually Sweetness and SpottyCatz already got me primed....but yes yes yes....we are off to a good start!!!

...Damn that luggage
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Go on Michael my son, give it Lordy.
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.

User Info Menu

Can't wait for the rest!

User Info Menu

Can we expect a poem? Alright, maybe we will not be treated like last time, but please sir do continue........

User Info Menu

Only if you start it Booger! Let's go with the working title "Ode to a Snot Nose"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guirigay View Post
    only if you start it booger! Let's go with the working title "ode to a snot nose"
    lmfao