Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

User Info Menu

Re: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Disclaimer!!!

Got my olive oil chips and red stripe and ready!!!!
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Re: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

That was a tease. Need more info and pics please.

User Info Menu

Day1: Saturday April 22, 2012
    NINJA's 2Cents

I can tell you what you will get from me. Miss spelling and bad grammer, hardly any punctuation, sarcasm, comedic relief and well come colorfulness.

As usual I tend to pack my stuff at a time that could be best address as the we hours of the night/morning. So sleep isnt one of my forte's when heading into a travel day. Surprisingly I had packed a lot of my stuff in the week (something I never do, maybe Marley's rubbing off on me). We had spent the night watching the Marley movie and getting all our shi... stuff together. Being mid level veterans of trips to Jamaica we had lists to check (twice) and luggage to weigh. Note to the many who will be reading this (I say many cuz my goal is to get ALOT OF VIEWS - dig) a good idea while traveling is to purchase a portable scale to weigh the bags. Though some bags come with overweight detectors they cant tell you how over weight. Just so happens Marley and Ninja are so in tune they had an exact weight amount (and yes I referred to myself in the 3rd person it happens). So needles to say (why say that if it is needless) we got NO sleep.

Bright eyed and bushy tailed we headed to Otown as Marley has said and the trip was pretty uneventful (we did make one stop at 711 to get 5 hour energy drink because we knew when we hit JA it would be ON). Now Marley has skipped a rather delight bit of information that we both had to FB when we got on the plane. Our stewardess' name was wait for it... POPCORN. Let me tell you something I love my parents with all my heart, and neigh do I ever wish them harm (yes i said neigh thats how I roll). But if they had ever named me POPCORN I think I would have Menedezed them along time ago. The lovely, oops Im sorry I said stewardess that was my mistake, FLIGHT ATTENDANT Popcorn was rather nice. She seemed competent to handle the this flight with the exception of one thing I'll get too right after this commercial break. NOTE: If you are traveling to a foreign country be sure to grab yourself a pen so you h ave it handy to fill out customs forms cuz no ones apt to lend you theirs, FYI Popcorn was nice enough to inform us one form per last name. I made some side joke as we walked in to be seated that me and the lady in front of me had the same last name. We werent related but how luck was that. Popcorn laughed. But I think that was a courtesy laugh but I'll take it. Of course I tell you this thing about the forms to then tell you that she was wrong we needed one per person thus making our wait in the line longer because as I was filling out my form it seemed like 3 more plans landed and extended our line.

As we waited in line Marley found herself looking in line to see if our fellow boardies, Guirigay, Tizzy and Sweetie Pie were unlucky to be stuck too, alas no but this facilitate time for Guirigay to have a couple drinks . Now we made it through, B-lined it as fast as we can out and looked for Chicken. I'm a tad bit more observant than my lovely lovely wife so I was able to see Chickens sons sign before anyone had to point him out but was to slow to say there it is before my wife answered someone asking who we were looking for. Ricky pointed us towards the other boardies and Marley and I made dash for them. Now I will be honest here, 2 things: 1) as you know I'm not that prevalent on the board as my better half is so I am less involved with the people on the board but I generally like most people or at least can stomach them and B) at times in my life I can be shy, stand offish, quiet/subdued and some might say like a prickly german (sorry inside joke). So once all 3 people screamed at seeing Marley I made a quiet retreat to the bathroom. I did have to though so I wasnt leaving just cuz. I had to prepare my self mentally to not be what I described above. Marley had been anticipating meeting everyone and though I was too, She's spends alot of time on the board helping people, reading things and generally conversing so she really kinda knows everyone. I spend less time so I generally kinda stay in the back ground. However when I emerged from the HEAD, I was now ready to say hi and did thus that and was happy to find I wouldnt need to be my usual shadow self. Everyone was generally happy to see us and rearing to get our asses to NEGRIL. Marley kinda covered the trip in (the longest trip to negril ever), but it was so much fun. Between Digicel (and losing tizzy to the craft market), Biggas (yum biggas) we caught our first sunset of the vacation (7 more of those to see) anticipated meeting everyone else.

There is that moment when you feel what if you hate these people or even so what if they hate you. Let me tell you after the first night I didnt have to worry about that the rest of the trip. Next we wait to see if I get the red pen treatment.
    Da Ninja - 1st Annual Belly Flop Champ - Soon Come

~Fear accompanies the possibility of Death, Calm shepherds its certainty.

People's actions no longer affect a warrior when he has no more expectations of any kind. A strange peace becomes the ruling force in his life. He has adopted one of the concepts of a warrior's life -- detachment.
    ~from "The Eagle's Gift"~
    blog.ralonzosinclair.com

User Info Menu

Some in bound trip imagesName:  IMG_4662.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  89.8 KBName:  IMG_4665.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  99.9 KBName:  IMG_4671.jpg
Views: 1006
Size:  93.1 KB
    Da Ninja - 1st Annual Belly Flop Champ - Soon Come

~Fear accompanies the possibility of Death, Calm shepherds its certainty.

People's actions no longer affect a warrior when he has no more expectations of any kind. A strange peace becomes the ruling force in his life. He has adopted one of the concepts of a warrior's life -- detachment.
    ~from "The Eagle's Gift"~
    blog.ralonzosinclair.com

User Info Menu

NIIIIIN JA..... in the house! That's whats up!!!
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Bring it, Ninja-san...
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

Woo hoo!!! Marley AND Ninja reporting!! Tag teaming it, I love it!!
    Loved the disclaimer in the beginning! lol
    I'm so excited that someone remembers the order of the events that unfolded! It's getting all muddled in my head already!
    Your trip report will become the April 2012 boardie week bible for everyone to refer to for accuracy. haha

Can't wait to read more!!
    Miss you guys!!!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Ha! Yeah well......we learned that tag-team style from the best!

Miss you guys too!
    I did the Cinderella yesterday and thought of you both! LMAO

I will post more tonight!
    Speaking of posting more...........

User Info Menu

Love ya all!
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.

User Info Menu

Ninja,
    Are you speaking into a mic on your computer and using transcribing software to write your report? Because reading it feels like I am standing next to you having a conversation. Too cool......