Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

User Info Menu

Re: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

Good, you hear it too Booger!

User Info Menu

Re: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

Nope....that is his writing style

User Info Menu

Now let’s see, there were five total stops before we made it to our resort that evening, and like I previously said it was the LONGEST ride to Negril I have ever been on (even back when the road was so bad and it took longer than it does now), but I never complained…not once, nor did Chicken or anyone else for that matter, we had a blast. Our first stop, like I already mentioned, was at Digicel on the Hip Strip. But instead of us just popping in and grabbing some phones, this experience was much more like a first stop on a pub crawl. Chicken pulled the bus up to the store and everyone got off except Ninja, he remained on the bus (probably because he did not need anything from Digicel and didn’t expect the trip inside would take that long). Everyone else, with their Red Stripes in hand, entered the store like a whirlwind…..of course you have to know that Guirigay and SweetiPie had already been at the bar waiting for us for over 2 hours and Tizzy, maybe 1, so they had already had a few, so to speak. So, in this group walks, beers in hand, still all talking a mile a minute about how happy we were to be there, how we couldn’t believe it all, how cold it is in Michigan, how some of us hate the cold, how cold weather is fine if you have proper clothing lol….all sorts of discussions. There were probably only 2 other customers in the store but yet we still spent AT LEAST 45 minutes in there getting phones and minutes….Jamaica time for sure, but honestly not once did I feel I was in a store buying anything, it straight up felt like we were socializing at a bar…and so it begins. They get their phones and I was the first to call them both, from then on I became the official phone- number –haver! “Marley, what’s my phone number again” was a phrase I heard a lot.

Tizzy mentions that she needs a cambio and one just happened to be right next door so I pointed her in that direction. Soon after, Guirigay, SweetiePie and I get back on the bus, poor Ninja had been there all the while waiting on us. So we are waiting and Chicken says “Where is Tizzy?” I said “She is in the cambio” and right then I look and see, she is not there. He says “I think she went down that alley with those ladies, you should probably go get her” Well Guirigay offered to go get her and soon she was back in the bus safe and sound (With most of her souvenir shopping already complete LOL)..And we were off! (again). A mere 10-15 minutes later we hear a distress call from somewhere in the bus….you know the one….”Bathroom break needed!” But can you blame them really?!?!? Afterall, they had already consumed probably a case of red stripe by this point, so we made the next pitstop down the road. And it happened to be at a rum bar, so what do you get while stopping at a rum bar to use the restroom….well RUM, of course! And Guirigay did…..but not only did he get rum, he got some Stones Ginger wine to share with his new family..US! Yum! So that stop lasted only about 15-20 minutes, which was an improvement from the hour we spent on the Hip Strip….but hey, at least we were out of MoBay by this point! So now on the road again! Talking, laughing, drinking, occasionally pausing to look out the windows and determine where we were. LUCEA! At that point I realized it was time to shout out to Chicken that we definitely needed a stop at Biggas, and of course he agreed! So the next stop, Green Island, for Biggas. Unfortunately Bigga was not there, and Guirigay was mighty disappointed by that, but we did get to meet MRS. Bigga and she was delightful. We got the jerk pork for a change and it was delicious, I finished mine before we even got back in the bus and I was sad, but then again, I knew we would be at the SeaStar Inn buffet not long from then so it was the perfect snack. Back on the bus and off we go, now we are in the home stretch….pass Orange Bay and then that familiar sign! Welcome to Negril! We all cheered loudly and just about that time we noticed it was sunset time, it was like we all spotted it at the same moment and let out an “Oooooooooooooooh” So with that, Chicken pulled over right where there was a clearing and we watched our first Negril Sunset of the trip, the five of us together….and it surely did not disappoint. Once we were satisfied, we were back on the road. As we passed all of the familiar places we shouted them out…”Margaritaville! Seasplash! CoCo La Palm! Grand Pineapple! Alfreds! Canoe! Mi Yard! Blue Cave! Xtabi!”

Now we were on the best end...the west end! We dropped off Guirigay and SweetiePie at their place and told them to get settled in and then catch a ride up to Seastar and join us at the party, they agreed and so we said a quick, bye for now! Later I told most people I would be surprised if they made it to Seastar because when we dropped them off I was REALLY seeing the effects of all that Red Stripe and traveling on Guirigay!

Next stop was for Miss Tizzy, she was staying at Catcha! I was so happy to see my home, but I didn’t get out, we would not be checking into Catcha until tomorrow, so we let her out and told her to get checked in and freshened up and then head up to Seastar. See you soon!

Then the bus turns down that familiar lane and we head up to Seastar. By this time the party was in full effect and the place was PACKED. It was 7:30pm or maybe even a bit later. We got out and Chicken and Ricky took our bags to the front desk for check in. Chris, the owner, greeted us even though they were in full gear for the show, buffet, and party! He quickly checked us in and took us to our room. I actually saw some of our boardie friends when we walked in but they all had their backs to us and missed us coming in completely so we snuck off to get checked into our room. We had originally booked Room 5 which I was excited about because Daisy had told me it was a good room and right across from their favorite room, which was #3. But I guess there was some mix up, maybe because we had only booked one night in room 5 and had done so probably 6 months previously…so anyways, Chris put us in Room 6. I noticed the mistake and said “We were supposed to be in Room 5” but then I realized, you know what…no big deal, it had two beds instead of one but we were only there one night and probably would not be doing much sleeping anyways! I was right! So we checked in and I could not wait to get back out there and hug some of my long lost family (you know, the ones I had never officially met)

**Now I am going to pause here and take a second to talk about the first family members we met on this trip, the ones we shared this monumental and unforgetable trip to Negril with! It has been described before but cannot fully be understood until you live it. I said almost immediately that never in my life before had I met people who I felt like I knew before I ever even had met them. It was almost like (as Sweetie Pie had described) a blind date - with over 100 people. I recognized them from photos, I knew their likes/dislikes, their traveling histories, where they were from and other small or large details of their lives.....the only thing I didn't know was what it was like to be in their actual presence.....well guess what? It was JUST as great as I thought it would be! It was truly like being reunited with long lost family members, and Guirigay, SweetiePie and Tizzy were my first taste of this!

Tizzy - Imagine a small little package with a HUGE personality and an even larger Excitement for life and just having a good time...and that is Tizzy.....it is IMPOSSIBLE to not smile, laugh or have a good time when you are around this woman. And the funny thing is, you might originally think she is just the average typical, good body, nice rack party girl without a brain. But she is not! She is smart, funny, sweet, caring and so very loveable. She is nothing you expect her to be and everything you could want her to be. And the funny thing is, I knew this all almost instantly after meeting her, when she jumped up and gave me that great big old hug I knew I liked her, and I knew I always would!

Sweetie Pie- The first thing you will notice about Sweetie Pie is her eyes....they are beautiful, mesmerizing, gorgeous....much like she is. The second thing you will notice, very soon after, is why her man calls her Sweetie Pie...because she truly is. You might at first think she is shy or quiet but when you get to know her you can have some pretty amazing talks about just about everything. She is so sweet and kind and very knowledgeable, though you may miss some of the things she says if you are looking at her, because those eyes.....oh Guirigay, you are in trouble man...just surrender now...but I can see, you already have! Sweetie Pie...I REALLY enjoyed our talks, and I also really enjoyed getting to know you and building our friendship, I also loved talking and thinking about your future with Guirigay....you two make me smile every time I think of you.

Guirigay- What can I say about Guiri, so many things really. His excitement and enthusiasm overshadowed most everything else at the beginning of this trip, and it was so hard not to get sucked into it....but why wouldn't you want to be? There was a calm and relaxed smile he seemed to ALWAYS have on his face no matter what was going on, and his eyes are so welcoming. He makes you feel like he loves you the moment he meets you. In fact, because of that I think that was why I felt so instantly connected to this group from the moment we arrived. He just has this way about him that makes you feel as if you have known him your whole entire life. And it is such a comforting feeling. You just can't help but love this guy.....pretty much instantly!

Photos from our stop at Biggas (the photo with Guirigay, Marley and Ninja AND Mrs Bigga is courtesy of SweetiePie)

Name:  aaa.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  99.9 KB

Name:  350039207311.jpg
Views: 968
Size:  90.0 KB
    Last edited by marley9808; 05-11-2012 at 08:43 PM.

User Info Menu

I wondered what happened to my balcony mates... Room 3 is killer and I'm sure room 5 is more of the same.......

User Info Menu

Yeah....I am not really sure what happened....but there was no real reason to sweat it....room #6 is a fine room too!

User Info Menu

You kids crack me up.............. keep the laughs a comin yall have such a good memory! Ican bearly recall some things until i read what you and the gang have wrote in your reports and im like . O yeah we were there, now i remember!!!!!!!!!!!: Thanks for saving some brain cells to remember withlol.....xxooIndy Cindy

User Info Menu

So when I got out of the room and walked out, by that time they were all sitting around a table. I looked and I immediately saw Patty and Kopper, Daisy and Markus, and Dawn and +1……and so I just ran up to the table and did a sort of “Tah-dah, I am here” motion. And then there was a similar reaction to the one at the airport. Yells and laughs and hugs and greetings. I was dressed in head to toe Marley gear just so everyone would know who I was! Again, this time the hugs were all great and genuine. I felt at home with family instantly. But I also felt it was time to go back and freshen up and get dressed for the party. So I excused myself and Ninja and I returned to the room to get dressed. We were back in a flash because I was super eager and excited to spend more time with everyone. When I came back to the table I was instantly greeted by Joe and Manda….I was so happy to see them!

Name:  aaaa.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  87.6 KB

After the warm welcome from those two party animals I realized that Ninja and I hadn't paid for the buffet yet so we headed over to the table to pay and get our wristbands. While there I looked over and noticed Rob and Lisa and I waved. As I was paying for us I heard some obnoxiously loud guy talking to Ninja. I turned around and there was some dude talking and laughing. I did not know who he was. I had never seen him before, he was not familiar looking at all. So I just sort of stared at him. That is when Ninja says to me "It's Booger" Now honestly, that is probably the last person I expected this guy to be. But I said "Hey Booger" and I gave him a hug and at that moment he spilled his Red Stripe all down the side of my dress......I just laughed and thought to myself, I could think of no better way to meet Booger for the first time! He was nothing like I had expected him to be but everything like I had expected him to be, if that makes sense!

After such a greeting I returned to our table. Booger and his wife and friend were over by the bar, I believe, and our table was closer to the entrance and nearest the webcast table. I found out later that there was another table closer to the bar where Rasta Stan and Betty, and the SpottyCatz and IndyBob and Cindy were, but at this moment I just knew about our table.

We decided to head to get some food. About the time we returned to our table Tizzy had joined the party and was received just as happily and easily as we were. Introductions all around again. Then moments later...Guirigay and SweetiePie! And I was so happy to see them, as I had mentioned before, I was a little worried they would not make it to the party after all of the Red Stripes set in! But they were there! And now it was a party!

We did a WHOLE LOT of this..

Name:  aaaaa.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  90.9 KB

And as we sat there eating, drinking, talking, laughing....more boardies came by. We met Sandie, Booger's wife...then Jon (there will be plenty more on that meeting later from others....ahem), Indy Bob and Cindy who came over to our table and informed us all that she was a "LURKER" We met Mr SpottyCatz who was not hard to spot in his fabulous Hippy Pants...and later Mrs. Spottycatz who is just as cool, hippy pants or not! Rasta Stan and Betty...Babalew! And probably even some more....it was like being in the perfect storm of boardies and fun and excitement and I am thrilled to death that I was a part of it too!

Markus seemed to share my excitement as well

Name:  aaaaaa.jpg
Views: 952
Size:  86.8 KB
    Last edited by marley9808; 05-11-2012 at 08:33 PM.

User Info Menu

Woooohoooo, this is fantastic. Keep it coming < insert popcorn eating emoticon here>
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

"It's Booger" Now honestly, that is probably the last person I expected this guy to be. But I said "Hey Booger" and I gave him a hug and at that moment he spilled his Red Stripe all down the side of my dress......"

Glad you do not put to much weight in first impressions..........

User Info Menu

I have never laughed so hard at a boardie post. Tears running down my face. Sweetie Pie just tested me for dampness.

As I was paying for us I heard some obnoxiously loud guy talking to Ninja...

You're a good sport, Boogs, thanks for playing

On the other end of the tear spectrum, Marley, thank you. Sweetie Pie loves you too.
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?