Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 36 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

User Info Menu

Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

Well by now it should come as no surprise to anyone on this message board, that a whole bunch of us went to Negril at the end of April, or that we had an EPIC time, or that we all fell in love with each other, or that we laughed til we cried or partied til we dropped, or that Tizzy had a great time with Jon, lol. In fact, this should all be so well documented by now that I actually just thought my trip report would be that I would write “Yep, what they said” on everyone else’s report and just call it done! LOL But then I started reading everyone else’s reports and I realized how fun it was re-living everything just by reading theirs and so now I am in. If you are tired of hearing our stories, sorry, and it is probably best you stop reading this now. However, if you want to see yet one more view of this trip, then please join me in my report.

Marley’s disclaimer:

What I can promise you this report will NOT have- writing skills like that of Clarity and Markus or Guirigay, photography skills like Sweetie Pie and Katho or Sweetness, so I cannot promise it will be as entertaining or as beautiful as theirs, sorry!

What I can promise you this report WILL have- a completely accurate account of each day’s activities, I remember every day, where we went and what we did (that might not be such a good thing for some LOL), photos, grammatical errors and misspelled words (whenever Ninja posts) lol, edits made shortly after by Marley, lol

What I would like to ask of all who were involved: If you were there and interacted during any of this report, I urge you to chime in and add your account of the day, activities, or events as I and Ninja describe them, also if you have photos to add, please do so as well….I figured this could serve as a group or team effort, might be fun!

So if you are ready, I will get started
    Last edited by marley9808; 05-10-2012 at 09:05 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

Day 1: Saturday April 22, 2012

The day started for us around 7am, after what was probably only about 3 hours sleep, we awoke, showered, got last minute things packed, and headed to Orlando for our direct flight to MoBay…..oh but first things first…..we had to be sure that we had packed ALL of the necessities for our trip. Let’s see, sunscreen-check, bathing suits-check, flip flops-check, clothes, passports, money-check, check, check….WAIT!!!!!!!!! We CAN’T forget the most important thing…..that’s right, the CAKE VODKA….never leave home without it!

Name:  a.jpg
Views: 2230
Size:  92.1 KB

Ok, NOW we are all set! So off to Orlando, about an hour drive and we park our car and get on the bus to take us to the airport. As I take my seat on the bus, I look up and see a sign that says “Your driver’s name is……………

Name:  aa.jpg
Views: 2110
Size:  89.3 KB

That’s right…LUCIANO…..our bus driver just happens to have the same name as the Reggae Artist we will be seeing that very night in Negril at Seastar Inn….how cool is that? So Luciano drops us at the airport and we breeze through check in and security and soon we are off….one hour and 27 minutes later we are in paradise….but as soon as we get off the plane we are greeted by the longest line at customs and immigration that I have ever seen, it took us a little over an hour to get through it (almost the same amount of time it took us to fly there). Well we finally make it outside and I scan the crowd for Chicken, he is usually hard to miss, tall guy, usually front and center with a BIG smile….I don’t see him, I scan the crowd some more and a guy says “Who are you looking for” and I say “Chicken” and then this young boy gets all excited and starts waving the familiar sign at me that says “Chicken’s Magic Bus” “Hi I’m Ricky” he says, “Chicken’s son, and your friends are this way……” He points to Groovy Grouper and I immediately recognize Guirigay who is seated facing me with his familiar straw hat. Sweetie Pie and Tizzy cannot see me as their backs are to me. At first I felt Guirigay was looking straight at me so I waved, but when he didn’t respond I realized he has not seen me yet, so I walked over to the side, right up next to them, by the railing where they were sitting and I didn’t say a word and then just like that all 3 of them look over at me and in unison SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so loud and shocking that I jumped back a bit and everyone in a large radius was looking our way. I bet they were all thinking “What is going on over there….why are they screaming at her” And then in a blink they all jumped up and came running for a hug. I think the first was Tizzy…or maybe Guirigay that part I am not sure of but what I am sure of is that with all 3 hugs, I remember thinking that these were not hugs that you give strangers who you have never met…..these were real quality hugs, the kind you give your family that you haven’t seen in years but have been dying to see and HUG!

And with that enormous and unforgettable greeting, Chicken brought the Magic Bus around, loaded our stuff and we were off….Chicken driving, Ricky playing bartender, Tizzy, Guirigay and Sweetie Pie, and Marley and Ninja, on our way to Negril…..the trip we had all been counting down to, messaging about, posting about, dreaming about…..it was finally here! And we were off……oh, well that is with one short stop. We needed to hit up Digicel so Guirigay and Tizzy could get some Jamaican cell phones….and I needed some minutes for mine, so we made a quick stop at the Digicel store on the Hip Strip……well, it was SUPPOSED to be a QUICK stop……..and so this begins what I now refer to as the “LONGEST but MOST fun trip to Negril ever” Just for reference, our flight landed at 2:42pm, we arrived in Negril at Seastar a little after 7:30pm!
    LMAO

User Info Menu

Re: Marley and Ninja: Having Their Cake And Drinking It Too! Trip Report - April 2012

Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    What I can promise you this report WILL have- a completely accurate account of each day’s activities, I remember every day, where we went and what we did (that might not be such a good thing for some LOL), photos, grammatical errors and misspelled words (whenever Ninja posts) lol, edits made shortly after by Marley, lol
    HAHAHAHAHAHA, bring it, girl! At least someone has a clear memory of the maddness!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wpyogi View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA, bring it, girl! At least someone has a clear memory of the maddness!
    SO she claims. I have Tizzy on stand by for all fact checking......

I'm really looking forward to this one.

User Info Menu

Absolutely excited to read your report! YAY!!!

You never see it coming ... and the next thing you know ... UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

User Info Menu

And so it begins~~ YIPPIE!
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    SO she claims. I have Tizzy on stand by for all fact checking......

I'm really looking forward to this one.
    Yeah cause MY memory of these events is just clear as day. LOL

Marley, my sista, this is gonna be so good....I love thinking about that day.
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

All spokes can now link to the hub...
    What's so funny 'bout Peace, Love and Understanding?

User Info Menu

This should be good ....

User Info Menu

I can't wait to read this. Some great times!!!