Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Verizon Wireless has new Global Data Package

User Info Menu

Verizon Wireless has new Global Data Package

If you have Verizon Wireless and want to use your smartphone on vacation, they just announced a new global data package. It's $25/mo. for 100MB of data. And it DOES apply to Jamaica.

Here is their full page on charges for calls, texts and data when in Jamaica...
    http://businessportals.verizonwirele...n/Jamaica.html

User Info Menu

Re: Verizon Wireless has new Global Data Package

does not look like a deal to me 1.99 per minute. cheaper to use a gsm and a local sim card
    Praise Jah

User Info Menu

i would *love* to believe it, but alas, the way VZN adds up charges in "the fine print" on the bill, still leaves me suspicious that there would still be way more charges on the bill than if i stick to using my Digicel pre-paid when in JA..... i will be interested to hear what happens on the phone bill for those who try this.....

User Info Menu

The 1.99/minute is for voice calls and they have a separate charge for texts. This is for 100MB of Data usage - in other words - the ability to get on the internet when wifi is not available. Personally, I keep my verizon phone on "airplane mode" the entire time I'm in JA and use my Digicel phone for calls. But I still use the verizon phone for internet, with wifi. I've been lucky to stay at places that offer free wifi. If you're someplace that doesn't have wifi, then this might be of good use to someone who wants to check e-mails, etc. without having to go out searching for wifi somewhere.

User Info Menu

what about roaming charges? - those are the real kicker - once you touch that jamaica cell site - it's ching ching