Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617

Thread: Mr. X does Negril (2010) with No Reservations

User Info Menu

Mr. X Does Negril (2010) with No Reservations

Chapter 56 – 2nd Morning at the Blue Cave Castle
    Sept 10th, 2010 - Friday – (Day 7)

Up early. Coffee waiting on me.

Name:  Jamaica 2010 photos (252).jpg
Views: 387
Size:  53.2 KB

Breakfast with Teddy at BCC. Nice table right there.

Wife still not feeling well.

Name:  Jamaica 2010 photos (297).jpg
Views: 309
Size:  23.7 KB

He brought hers up to our room. Big deal? The penthouse. That’s a lot of stairs for the Chef to walk up after buying, prepping and cooking our breakfast. Now that’s service. Pancakes.

Name:  Jamaica 2010 photos (248).jpg
Views: 375
Size:  29.3 KB

I have mine down in the courtyard overlooking the water. Not bad. Not bad at all.
    Thats my black plastic bag. Very popular in Jamaica and gaining popularity in U.S. lada? or scandal bag.
    Cannot see what is inside. I like that. Could be anything or nothing.
    Notice my folder with lots of notes old and new. Just writing stuff down.

Pretty good.
    No bill.
    Kings of Castles I guess are like Rock Stars or Presidents they don’t get no bill.

Met a few other guests that were staying at BCC. Not crowded at all maybe 1/3 of the rooms filled. I told someone about my Royal sunset cruise. Someone else overheard me talking about our sunset cruise boating with Famous Vincent. So then I got to tell the story again. Can’t remember all but ends with us getting back here to the Blue Cave Castle about 7pm or so. New guy says no we were here last night when they let you guys back in the gates it was exactly 830pm. Damm we left with Famous Vincent at about 430pm and came back at 830pm. The USS Minnow was only on a 3 hour tour. Wow 4 hours with Famous Vincent. Never know you might run into some country folks, rich people, a professor or even a movie star but you are not going to end up shipwrecked with Famous Vincent.

They wanted to know if they could do the “sunset” cruise and would he do it for them for the same price. Don’t know for a fact but I would bet it would be no problem.

Name:  Jamaica 2010 photos (314).jpg
Views: 391
Size:  21.8 KB

Within an hour Famous Vincent boats by the castle and I waved him down. I told Vincent they heard about our trip and wanted to do the same thing. Set the same trip up for them. Today at 415pm. They were happy. Vincent and Roger seemed happy.
    I thanked him and Roger again for our trip.

Checked out late from Blue Cave Castle
    Want to know what the checkout was? None. Left the key in the room door. Load up. Said goodbye. Left. I had prepaid. So no nothing. No bill. No nothing. This was the longest we had stayed on this trip a full 48 hours so it took me about 6 minutes to pack. Similar to our last trip to Vegas where only took 2 hours to check in and an hour to check out of hotel. Let me see well not exactly the same come to think of it totally opposite. Check in and check out at Blue Cave Castle. None. Period
    Last edited by Mr. X; 02-16-2012 at 11:57 AM.

User Info Menu

i'm here - enjoying!

User Info Menu

Chapter 57 – The Ant Story

The Ant Story

When I tell people how good Teddy’s food is. Conversation kind of ends after I say it’s great. So I have to tell the ant story to give proper prospective. One meal he brought me, I forgot even what it was. I woofed it down so fast. Left nothing but 1 little piece of lettuce. Only reason I left this was in my haste this piece flew off whatever I was eating and landed on floor. I am in the lower level of the penthouse eating in the shade of one of my baloneys enjoying the view. Post meal relaxation of Cigars and Cognac (or local version of). Chillin.

As I am chilling I happen to glance down and it looks like something is moving on the concrete floor near my feet. Is it the cigars or is the floor moving? I focus and realize the floor is not moving but that piece of lettuce I dropped 5 minutes ago is moving. Wtf? I am staring at a moving piece of lettuce. Somehow there were zero ants and now there are enough ants to carry a big piece of lettuce.

This piece of lettuce does not stop. It moved right across the concrete floor at a fast speed. Then they got to a rock column and they never stopped. Went right up the column, then I saw a hidden hole about the half the size of a dime at most. They went right into the hole with the lettuce. They got it half way in but no further. I am laughing at the ants. Ok dumbass ants what you going to do now. Tried to shove a too big piece of lettuce that won’t fit in ur hideout.

Damn if the ants did not back the lettuce back out of hole. Then they start walking the lettuce down the column. There is really not that many ants compared to the size of the lettuce. They go half way down the column and then they rotate the lettuce around 180 degrees and then back up the column into the hole.

When they complete this last maneuver the ants just freeze on the lettuce. They do not move. I swear they must be near death from exhaustion. Nothing happens or moves for about 5 minutes then the lettuce slowly disappears into the hole.

That was for a piece of lettuce from Teddy. 100 ants work themselves to death for a piece of lettuce. Can u image how many ants would give their life for some of that Lobster Themodore from Teddy. Biblical numbers without a doubt.

Name:  jamaica2010z 094.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  21.9 KB
    Hole in middle left.

Anyhow I am always in shock when people don’t believe all my stories. I have had my pen and paper with me whole trip and immediately wrote stuff down so I can remember all the crazy sh*t that happened this week.

User Info Menu

Chapter 57 (cont) – The Ant Story

Good news in this case I actually had my camera to document the truth. Cant always have this kind of visual proof, sometimes you will just have to take my word for it.

Name:  jamaica2010z 089.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  23.1 KB
    The Moving Lettuce

Name:  jamaica2010z 090.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  24.0 KB
    They hit wall at full speed.

Name:  jamaica2010z 091.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  20.8 KB
    Everybody has a job to do, no slackers. Decided to move over a few inches

Name:  jamaica2010z 092.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  17.1 KB
    Ok up left side of white line instead of right side

Name:  jamaica2010z 093.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  23.4 KB
    Up column and appear to be drifting to right side of line

Name:  jamaica2010z 095.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  23.4 KB
    Right into hole at full speed. Half way in then everything comes to a full stop. I think the ants are arguing with each other.

Name:  jamaica2010z 096.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  22.2 KB
    Back out of hole and start down column. Damn would make me mad if I was doing all the work.

Name:  jamaica2010z 097.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  21.7 KB
    Now they are spinning around 180 degrees.

Name:  jamaica2010z 098.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  21.7 KB
    Back up to hole with smaller end first I guess

Name:  jamaica2010z 100.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  22.9 KB
    Back into hole. Ants look dead now. I guess exhausted. Hopefully some other ants job to break this lettuce down to serving portions. These ants are probably in just the transport part of the operation.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 09-21-2011 at 04:07 PM.

User Info Menu

What a great story and with pictures no less!!!

User Info Menu

Are we ever gonna read the conclusion to this story?? Really hope your wife started to feel better and wasn't sick the whole trip...what a bummer that must have been for her! Anxiously waiting for more to read

User Info Menu

Great stories!! Ahh, the teamwork effort!! So Jamaican!!!! Loving the fact of how we see so much when we relax enough to truly be apart of the little piece of the world we are in. Sweet!! Hope wifey is feeling better...

User Info Menu

it's a good report, but i dont think Mr. X is in a big rush considering the trip was in 2010, and now it's late 2011. The man obviously has his own sense of pacing!