Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Open" places to visit both BEACH and WEST END (Question)

User Info Menu

"Open" places to visit both BEACH and WEST END (Question)

It's been over 3 years since I last visited Negril and since then there have been some changes and a few of the places I liked to go are now POOF-gone!
    My question is this:
    Where are some good places to get a beach chair/seat and drink/snack on the beach (used to use For Real bar/23-7/Boat Bar)?
    Where are some good (inexpensive and teen friendly) places to eat, relax and visit while on the West End?
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as our reach gets closer and closer-in the teens now with our countdown!
    Bless,
    Dm

User Info Menu

Re: "Open" places to visit both BEACH and WEST END (Question)

Canoe Bar......for all of the above! Westend Rd, Across from MXIII Music Yard.

User Info Menu

Sun Beach bar/restaurant - right next to For Real/Sandy Haven. Great food, and still right on that same nice piece of beach.....

User Info Menu

I'm not trying to be confrontational but we had lunch and drinks at Sun Beach in April. Sat in the restaurant area(not the bar). Hubby and I had a sandwich 2 stripes and 2 gin drinks and the bill was over $60. Seemed a bit pricey to us. Was it because we did not sit at the bar? Needless to say it was our most expensive lunch and not even close to being the best.

User Info Menu

Something wrong there. MO

User Info Menu

We went to Idle Awhile for breakfast and asked to stay at their beach. Nice service with prepared loungers and privacy. No cheap drinks though.Sun beach is usually inexpensive and fun. 180 -200J RedStripes. Xtabi on the cliffs for a great day of lounging and snorkelling. Gerry g is leading me to try out the Westender. Try the One love pub crawl to get a peek at different bar/restos on the cliffs.

User Info Menu

hey Dawn Marie........nice to see you again..........

with For Real no longer I would opt for SunBeach which is next door to the old For Real for free lounge chairs and the cheapest Beers on the beach........
    the Boat Bar is still there and hasn't changed much........
    the Pilot House and Mama Flo's seems to have the best inexpensive eats on da beach.......

on the West End mi favorite place is da Canoe and mi would also go with Salt N Pepper, Sharks and Sips and Bites and even Three Dives for inexpensive eats.........
    places like Pushcart, Rockhouse, Ricks, Ivans, Hungry Lion and even LTU are on the expensive side.........

as far as bars go;
    Corner Bar has cheap drinks and beers
    White Sands 2 for 1 drink specials till 4PM
    Legends and SamSara Happy Hour 4 - 7PM
    YellowBird Happy Hour 4 to sunset on da beach
    Rockhouse 6-7pm
    SeaStar Inn Happy Hour 4-6pm
    Canoe Happy Hour 2-6pm - 2 for 1 Red Stripes $200J's
    Coco LaPalm 2 for one Happy Hour from 5 to 7 every night but Monday
    Boat Bar for 200J Red Stripes on da beach
    Sunnyside Bar (Yellow and Green with bench seatiing - next to ROOMS) 150J Red Stripe Beers
    SunBeach for 170J Red Stripes on da beach - it's mi hangout on da beach
    Firefly for 170J Red Stripes on da beach
    White Sands Mondays $160J Red Stripe Beers

hope that was some help.........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Last edited by Marko; 05-21-2012 at 11:36 PM.
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Name:  IMG_0149.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  90.5 KBName:  IMG_0058.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  94.1 KBThat is a good list Marko, you can also visit Seasplash for 2 happy hours, beach chairs and a great vibe. We also had alot of fun at PeeWee's, good prices too. Cheers!!!

User Info Menu

The treehouse is always welcoming non-guests on the beach and Xtabi on the cliffs.

User Info Menu

Where are some good places to get a beach chair/seat and drink/snack on the beach (used to use For Real bar/23-7/Boat Bar)?
    Boat Bar; BarBBarn; Treehouse are my favorites.

Where are some good (inexpensive and teen friendly) places to eat, relax and visit while on the West End?
    Xtabi; Canoe; Three Dives - for cheap eats though I would check for local box lunches or patties (Choices on West End, Juicy Js in town.)
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness