Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's up with funky tasting Pizza in negril?

User Info Menu

angela's has a really great jerk chicken pizza(the best of both worlds!!!!)

The wait is a little long but well worth it i thought.

User Info Menu

"keep in mind most people have no idea what real pizza is."
    So true. I've never been to Italy...but for me there is nothing like NY Pizza. I've lived in California for 25 years and I RARELY eat pizza there.

The best pizza, the closest to my beloved NY Style Pizza in Negril is no more. Mr. Slice could make a pie for sure.

As far as wanting pizza...my expat friends are always on the lookout for decent pizza there. Anything a little different than Jamaican food goes a long way for them and a little touch of "home" in the way of a pizza pie is always appreciated. That said - they have found and I concur that the best pizza we can get in Negril is the pizza my friends make themselves. They have a great dough recipe, a hot oven and we splurge on the moz. Throw a little good jerk chicken on it, serve it with a salad and we have happy tummies.

User Info Menu

agree.......but as was said, it should taste different then what we are use to...........for years I could not get use to the taste of their ground beef?? dont know what it was, too lean I think....lol
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

My Pizza experience in Negril ended with Mr Slice....Not the best Pizza but it was the best pizza experience...After all he could "heal your hunger"...Would deliver to your cabin then party with you for a while, do a few over proof shots then on to the nex house full of munchies....
    BE A TRAVELR

User Info Menu

A lot of the local condiments and ingredients are made with local spice and real sugar (and a lot of it).
    Back in the day, everything was also cooked in coconut oil, and that smell and taste was everywhere. (I Liked it)
    I agree with Monk, nowadays one should be able to find a great pizza somewhere in Negril, but New York or Chicago taste???
    Getouttahere.

User Info Menu

At least I bet that even in Negril, they know to not eat pizza with a fork.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by negrilaholic View Post
    At least I bet that even in Negril, they know to not eat pizza with a fork.
    FOR REAL lmao, what in god's name was Trump thinking...Mr. Stewart hit several of the go to joints and even left a few out of his list!!!

I keep promising to bring down some real 00 flour, make some mozzarella, make some sauce, and go to it.
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

HI-LO FROZEN PIZZA......and it will taste just like the crappy frozen pizza at home problem solved-LOL
    Last edited by Mrs stuck; 06-06-2011 at 03:15 PM.

User Info Menu

overstand about what u mean about pizza and also the panties ... diversity and Opinion (it's all good....jamaica got alot of that)
    IMHO ... Sunrise is close 2 what my tastebuds know chicago pizza to b

User Info Menu

This day and age...

Almost no matter where you go, you see restaurants from other countries, or other cuisines. In any given week, I am used to eating Italian, Mexican, Thai, Vietnamese, French, etc., etc. -- You get my drift. I don't mean even going out to eat, but what influences my own home cooking. When I came back from Jamaica, Jamaican food came into the mix also. If I am in Jamaica...or Mexico...or almost anywhere, I sometimes feel after a week or so like I want something that tastes a little "different". It means no disrespect, its just what I am used to - a wide variety. But I try to choose places to go and vacation that I feel have interesting food options in the beginning. What I would NOT do is go to any of those places and want to eat "american" style food...I wouldn't eat at an american chain restaurant. I draw the line somewhere.

So to sum it up, I basically travel in part, other than scenery, people and culture to eat interesting good food. Because I love all kinds of food, I often feel a craving for another flavour...truth be told, pizza is a craving I often have but I expect it to be different than anywhere else I have tried because basically....unless it is mass produced, it IS going to be different. I usually like the little shifts in the way they are prepared, but, excuse me if I am rude -- NYC is not the mecca of pizza, I would say that Italy wins, hands down!!!

The worst pizza ever was in Quebec. We pulled up to a motel late one evening and asked for good pizza. She gave me the directions for a place called The Poutine Palace...I said no, not Poutine, but PIZZA, thinking it was a language issue, but no...that is who had the best pizza...in her eyes. I went, tried to translate the menu ordered what I thought was a pizza with sauce, hot sausage and cheese - what I neglected to understand because I don't read french was that the sauce was Meat sauce, with lots and lots of hamburger in it. The Sausage that I ordered was NOT sausage but SMOKED MEAT, piled up about an inch think on top of the meat sauce and the whole thing was blanketed with a thick bland mozzarella cheese. By the time the box got back to our hotel room, it had been leaking grease onto the back seat of our Toyota and it essentially was inedible, the little bit we managed to eat because we were starving (trying to use a plastic knife and fork...) made us both very very ill the next day....overload! (hey, I am starting to crave pizza)