Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's up with funky tasting Pizza in negril?

User Info Menu

Been to Chicago and New York and ate their pizza. Non were as good as St. Paul, MN baked pizza. Even the guy who lived his whole life in Manhattan agreed.

User Info Menu

Think I'll just wait until I get back home & order a Lou Malnatis.

User Info Menu

The pizza at Rhodes Hall Plantation is very good.

And I'm a food snob.
    Tom Hudson
    Self-Employed CPA
    Founder, Domaine Hudson wine bar & eatery, Wilmington, DE

User Info Menu

I agree about the cheese, but.... I live in Wisconsin. I have for some time now brought my own cheddar cheese. I am a grilled cheese conisuer I could live on them. First time I had a grilled cheese at Xtabi I thought I was going choke. Have later learned I only find cheddar cheese on AI buffets LOL. Yep had that same pizza you speak of Gerry. Different countries different cooking, I hate the taco's in Mexico too and I LUV taco's. Never have tried the Burger King in town but anyone know does it taste like a US Whopper.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

I live 5 min from Philly, Italians call Sunday sauce gravy here. I think you cant get "traditional" pizza, what you are maybe used to in the USA, is because the ovens do not get that hot. Mr Slice used to have great pizza. I agree with Monk, sometimes when you are there for a period of time, you just need some pizza

User Info Menu

The Brick Oven at Angela's gets plenty hot and the pizza there is by far the best in Negril. The dough is homemade, thin & crispy. Awesome!! I have eaten pizza at everyplace i can get it in Negril & most of it was not very good. The Cafe at Rondel is 2nd best & Tamboo or Sunrise Club are OK, but Angela's is world class! Chances, NTH, Archway, etc. serve typical, tropical, pedestrian pizza

User Info Menu

ahhh mr. slice. rumor is he is in dubai of all places, making pizza.

one of the first Jungle DJs, Mad Billy Bonds. 1 week before the club opened, he was living in his station wagon parked in a gas station. He was one of the opening night DJs of Studio 54, actually.

Angela's not a bad pie, it will do in a pinch, but I've found it a little spotty.

You're talking to someone who brings down their own soppresatta.

23/7 was closest to NYC style, they had the right dough and thickness.

But Italian like people from Italy who now live in Negril who make pizza kind of Italian- which is thinner crust, smaller 'personal' size pie it's between Sunrise and Italian Cafe. Not sure what else you can say about that. Both spots have good pasta. For coffee Sunrise edges it out. I can live off affogato.

I remember one night for dinner we each ordered a pizza, as an appetizer. That was not understood lol.

I don't mind char on a pie, but if the dough just flakes it's not thick enough. There is an artisanal pizza maker here in NYC who uses minimal shaping/handling for his dough, and I'm dying to try his pizza. Lost of crispy blisters in the crust and odd, shaped as it fell look to it is speaking to me.

am looking forward to trying rhodes hall, like Tom I'm a snob.
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jefmaka View Post
    Been to Chicago and New York and ate their pizza. Non were as good as St. Paul, MN baked pizza. Even the guy who lived his whole life in Manhattan agreed.

bro, all pizza is baked. anyway this is the first i heard anyone rave over st paul's pizza, so will have to check a few joints out when I'm there next.
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

All I know is we had Italian Cafe pizza tonight and it was tasty.

User Info Menu

I have eaten at the BK. It tastes similar but the bread/bun is not the same. Different texture.

Quote Originally Posted by shellyk View Post
    I agree about the cheese, but.... I live in Wisconsin. I have for some time now brought my own cheddar cheese. I am a grilled cheese conisuer I could live on them. First time I had a grilled cheese at Xtabi I thought I was going choke. Have later learned I only find cheddar cheese on AI buffets LOL. Yep had that same pizza you speak of Gerry. Different countries different cooking, I hate the taco's in Mexico too and I LUV taco's. Never have tried the Burger King in town but anyone know does it taste like a US Whopper.