Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally My Trip Report! May 14-20 2011 Negril

User Info Menu

Finally My Trip Report! May 14-20 2011 Negril

Hello To all,
    It has been a month since I visited, so much has changed before,during,and after my vacation in such positive way.
    Worked has picked up, been traveling since I got back, so finally my report......
    I arrived on schedule in Negril about 12:30p.m. JA time of course, and it was like being away from home and feeling so fulfilled being back home. The weather was great the humidity greeted me saying welcome home!LOL
    Clives Transportation was the best, I was picked up on time given a red strip and was off the SeaStar Inn, but first we stop at Jerky in MoBay I believe it was on the way for some jerk chicken and festivals.
    I couldn't get a decent festival anywhere else on the island that was fresh,hot, and sweet as this place, and trust I stop at many while in Negril.
    I want to thank all of you for your wonder advice!!!! Forget any place else the board info is all you need to make the best decisions for you!
    I was schedule to split my 10 day trip to 5 days at the SeaStar Inn , and 5 days at Whitesands.
    Let me tell you that I NEVER made it to Whitesands! I LOVE THE SEASTAR INN!!!!
    I was treated with the best hospitality from Chris which is such a great guy,never really got a chance to meet his beautiful wife, but she is amazing woman with many gifts.
    I fell in love with Ms. Samatha, Carol, Barbara ......oh I miss you guys!!!! What beautiful staff! I can't say enough about the staff!!
    OMG!!!!! THe food at the SeaStar Inn was the absolute BEST!!!!! Hats off to the cooks!
    I meet a wonderful friend while I was there, and I will be reaching out soon if your reading this Ozie.LOL
    I love the sat night buffet, it was really nice. I enjoy you guys Rob and Lisa, thank you for everythg.
    I enjoy Seastar Inn because I went on vacation to relax, if I wanted to be bother I did, and when I didn't I stayed in without any interuptions. It was great!
    The grounds where beautiful for such a boutique Resort.
    I will always go back when I'm in Negril hands down!
    Ok........my activities, I visited Xtabi and I really enjoyed the view, and great place for breakfast to swim off the cliffs, and Omar was a great host.
    I visited a friend on the beach, and couldn't wait to get back to SeaStar, it was alot going on.
    I have converted to a cliff girl..............lol I would probably stay on the beach if I went with some girlfriends, but not solo. I really enjoyed where I was for a solo trip.
    I went to the Aqua Ctr in Williamsburg, and Stevie the owner fixed us some finger licking curry chicken right there on the grounds,which by the way was like a screen saver sooooo beautiful!!!!! Some friends we meet climb up a tree to get us bread fruit to have with it .
    I taste freash picked mangos , sooooo good! I never had mangos before this. I was able to taste coco seeds fresh picked from the tree it was an experience I enjoyed very much.
    I did get a chance to visit The Jungle for the first time and that it was, but I really enjoyed myself, I danced the night away the DJ was on point!
    Of course, I have to get some Step Aside on the way back for some jerk chicken& sauce, which is the best handsdown!
    I did visit Best in the West, and it still a cool place to hangout, but people all I ask is please ask the staff that wrk there can you take their picture first before doing so without asking.
    I thought it was very rude to do this without asking, and I felt like he was on display, so I can't amagine how he may have felt. He didn't see it coming.
    All in all my trip was cut short, because of business but I really enjoyed myself.
    Jamaica has change in alot of ways, some for the good, and some for the bad, but that's life everywhere.......
    There is still no place I would rather be then in Jamaica..........my home forever!
    Copper
    Live,Stay true to yourself, and Never Compromise for anything

User Info Menu

Told you that you would LOVE Seastar!
    Nice report , glad you enjoyed your holiday
    Any photographs?

User Info Menu

Oh guys ,I couldn't forget to say this that I did finally get a good festival every morning freshly made at the Seastar inn after I informed Chris, and he told me to order it for breakfast. of course I had it every morning........how did I forget that!OMG!
    Copper

User Info Menu

I do have some pics, but I don't know how to submit yet but I will have help on that later today, and I'll submit a few. Thanks TicToc.

User Info Menu

Yay copper i'm glad u loved seastar!!!! The staff & food is what makes seastar special, imho!!!!!!
    Choochy420

User Info Menu

Glad to hear you had a great trip! I have a question though...what is "festival"? I'm a newbie
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Glad you had a great time!

Please refrain from promoting Seastar Inn! LOL

Makes it hard for us to get a room when we return!! LOL

Thanks,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Festival is a fried dough, the closest thing I can compare it to from US would be a hush puppy, but thats not really a good comparison
    Festival is usually long like a breadstick almost rather than round like a hush puppy, though Jonny cakes are usually round and taste the same as festival

I am a huge fan of festival too and agree its not as common in Negril. But I have gotten it at Jerkys on the way in before and also out in the country it is very commonly served with jerk chicken as a side
    Very delicious, I will be sure to try it at Seastar! Thanks

User Info Menu

good report. I am headed to Seastar soon myself, really looking forward to it. what was the BEST food entree at Seastar???

User Info Menu

festival is the johnny cakes that are made, right? They are really tasty. The best meal I had at Seastar personally was their excellent lobster..yummmm