Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airport Information?

User Info Menu

Question Airport Information?

Hi all - can anyone help me with information on flying into Kingston instead of Mobay?

What airlines fly there (Continental?)
    What is the airport like (process, layout).?

Any other tips or info welcome. Thanks Sweetness
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Re: Airport Information?

Hi Sweetness!

Let me see if I can find out the airlines info for you, but what I CAN tell you is that IMO flying into Kingston is much nicer than MBJ. The airport and overall experience is a world of difference. I would choose Kingston every time if it wasn't for the 4 + hour ride to Negril versus the 1 1/2 hour ride from MoBay.
    The airport is nicer and the whole process of customs and immigration is much smoother than Mobay. It is a very nice airport. Not that I have a problem with Sangster but if I was to choose between the two I would definitely pick Kingston.

User Info Menu

Here is a list of the airlines that fly there
    http://www.nmia.aero/airline_information

Also this is the website for the airport itself, looks like it has quite a bit of good info about the airport...look around in the Passenger Services area for some nice links and info

User Info Menu

You are amazing my friend. Thank you first of all for easing my mind about the airport there as I had reservations.
    I will check out the link for sure and see what-a-gwaan. I will be "hopefully" going to Kingston to take care of visa business so it makes more sense to fly there. Thanks again oh wise one!!!!!! xoxoxox
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

OK thats why nothing was coming up on Continental.....only Delta and American fly there from here - OK off I go on a hunt even though I don't have dates yet (lol)
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

LOL....you are very welcome.
    And yes, you will really LOVE the airport in Kingston, it's in a nice area too, no worries. Good luck with your travels and all the business too!

User Info Menu

hey sweets, we have flown via kinston several times both ways, airport is NICE, modern like, and bigger than mobay. are you getting a visa for yourself? what would the advantages be/ just curious. if your getting someone off the rock, what's the process, I have a candidate very dear to me, like a son, who would do great tings with some good old US opportunity.

User Info Menu

as mentioned nothing like mobay...much easier and customs is a breeze...also when you exit no hassle with folks trying to give you a ride...you really need to prearrange transport before arriving...the airport is actually in Port Royal but a very easy drive into Kingston...I've found Spirit to be the cheapest and offer the best travel schedule but I HATE Spirit lol..good luck

User Info Menu

You guys are GREAT thank you so much for the information.

kim&betty - it is a fiancee visa. Me and my Jamaican sweetie have been together for five years and finally processing a K-1 visa for him. That will allow him to come to the US and we must marry within 90 days. (lots of time, paperwork, money and patience involved). The interview will be in Kingston.

This link has great information on VISITOR visas. I too have a youth that I have watched grow up that I would love to give the opportunity to visit me (he is 18) - I hope to look into if that is possible in the future.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...RD&query=vISAS
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Great advice so far from everyone. I have flown to/from Kingston twice and it was a breeze, except for when we were trying to get the last flight out before tropical storm Nichole hit.

If you need a place to stay, PM me. I know a place that is within walking distance (10 min walk) to the embassy and is pretty cheap for Kingston. Also, I remember someone on the board mentioning that they got a great deal through priceline for the Wyndham in New Kingston for around $70 per night I think. But, if you stayed in New Kingston you would probably want to taxi to the embassy because it would be about a 30 minute walk.

I also want to wish you the best of luck with the visa. We adopted our son from Jamaica and the visa process was pretty crazy. I'm not sure what the process is for a K-1 visa, but be sure to print out and cross check all of the information from the USCIS, Department of State, and the Kingston Embassy website. The reason I say this is because when we arrived at the embassy to proceed with our son's visa processing they looked at us like we had two heads and told us that we were not following their procedure. We then proceeded to pull out a printed copy of the visa procedure instructions for Jamaica from the Dept of State website that had a date stamp at the bottom showing it was current. They then told us that the instructions listed were not correct, but that they would follow them (to our reliefe) and process his visa. So, if the instructions from any of the websites vary and list something that would be in your favor, I suggest you show them the documentation and use it to your advantage. Also, you MUST leave any cell phone, mp3, camera, etc in your room before you go to the embassy. The security is pretty tight (think tsa screening) and will not let you enter the embassy if you have any of these items on you.

Best of luck and I hope you enjoy your trip to Kingston!!!

Mark