Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Can anyone give any weather updates for Negril?

User Info Menu

Can anyone give any weather updates for Negril?

My family has been planning forever for our vacation and we are flying to Jamaica on Wednesday- we are leaving on Sunday- anyone heard if the weather is supposed to be better by then? I don't mind scattered showers, but am hoping we don't have to spend the whole vacation in the hotel. Thanks!

User Info Menu

I just got back last night--while I was there a lot of big showers in the afternoon--but almost every morning till around mid afternoon was really nice. I did get restless during the times I was confined to my room though. Having a covered patio was a plus, sometimes I would just sit on my porch and watch the rain. Also if there is a nice bar/restaurant where you are staying it can be sort of cool just sitting and checking out the storm while you eat/drink.

User Info Menu

in over 20 some years, not given to include Hurricanes,,we NEVER had to spend all days or night in our rooms.......................

ITS A ISLAND lol dampness is to be expected

go- enjoy have a safe-great time
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Today has been cloudy pretty much the entire day. We had rain on and off too. Not heavy rain, but enough to keep one inside. Yesterday was mostly cloudy with no rain, walked most of the beach, it was nice. This storm is expected to linger about for a few more days then move on. While we've not had the beautiful blue sky in a few days, it has still been nice. And the clouds make for spectacular sunsets at time.

User Info Menu

It looks like we will be travelling tomorrow. I did receive an email alert about some of the roads being flooded, but the resort said everything is fine on their end. Cross your fingers we can enjoy the outdoor activities!!

User Info Menu

Woke up to thunder this morning. It has moved along. Looking clearer to the south where the clouds seem to be coming from. Waters are currently calm. 8:30am 7 June. This low pressure has been moving slow.

User Info Menu

Headed your way on Saturday, and I have ordered up beautiful weather for us! Never fear!
    Paradise Found--- June 11th through 18th--Country Country

User Info Menu

From the Gleaner:
    http://go-jamaica.com/news/read_article.php?id=29205

But with weather, life, and just about anything.......things change

User Info Menu

This morning report that the Low Pressure that had stalled was now moving along to the East starting already..........so it should be pleasant
    weather following....hope you enjoy your trip...( my daughter will be there this afternoon for her first time, I glad the weather turned. )
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Thank you! We are so excited! First international trip for our family! Come on Sun!!