Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips for traveling with a wedding dress

User Info Menu

Re: Tips for traveling with a wedding dress

I was able to Carry on my wedding dress and they also hung it up in 1st class for me. They also gave us a bottle of champagne. Airlines seem to go out of their way to help a bride out.

Awaiting our return to Negril, 07/01/12

User Info Menu

Yes, most if not all airlines will take your dress and hang it for you; that was my experience Just make sure to carry it in the garment bag you purchased it in.

User Info Menu

Yep, I just got married in Negril Thursday and carried my dress on and it was hung for me also. The airline (AA) will not make any promises, they leave it up to the crew to decide, but of course, who's going to break a brides heart and not take care of their dress for them?! Either way, there's no reason you can't carry it on, even if they won't hang it for you. The lady who did my alterations showed me the best was to roll my dress if I had to put it in the overhead. I didn't need to do that, but at least I was prepared. Maybe you could just check on that? I didn't open my garment bag until a few days after we arrived to see the condition of my dress, and I was luck, I didn't need it steamed or anything.

Good luck!!! It's a magical place to get married!
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]