Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Best snorkeling off the cliffs?

User Info Menu

Best snorkeling off the cliffs?

Where do you think is the best snorkeling in the West End off the cliffs?
    Thanks for your opinion.

User Info Menu

Everyone says it's good at Xtabi and Samsara, but I didn't see much sea life out there last reach .... I hear good things about Catcha, though there may be issues there about using the facilities if you're not a guest of the hotel ..... There are lots of little boats that pick u up from cliffs and take you to a reef, which is usually better than right off the shore .... But some say they see a lot of stuff out there right near the rocks, so it might have to do with the time of day or other factors.

User Info Menu

Canoe Bar on a calm morning.........off the point of the old Yacht CLub, shallow so fish are really up close and personal, I swear some of them wave.

User Info Menu

Xtabi has nice access but my favorite is Samsara. The house reef at Samsara is incredible and I do most my diving there rather than going out further into the ocean. I have been working on mapping it for several years. The snorkeling there is outstanding!

User Info Menu

We enjoyed Samsara and Negril Escape.
    Life is good ~ Life on the beach is better!

User Info Menu

The little cove near the restaurant at Rockhouse..had some lovely early morning swims there and the snorkeling was really good. Saw fish of all colors and stripes there.

User Info Menu

Have Famous Vincent pick you up by boat and go to the reef. He goes in the water with you. Well worth the money.