Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Today Florida, tomorrow Negril...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jpoblete77 View Post
    9 weeks vacation...man I need a job like that!
    7 weeks. I may aim for 9 another time. To have a job that gives you that much time off be prepared to work all the hours you'd normally work over the course of a year in the time you do work. Then add more hours :-) Be prepared to work an extra 2 hours a day every day just to do what needs to be done (no additional pay, of course), work on weekends & evenings, over non-paid breaks, & for 2 weeks in the summer for no pay; have no raise in years, take a pay cut, lose benefits; constantly upgrade your skills at your own expense; have new work responsibilities added every few months; come home exhausted because you're emotionally drained. By then you need the long break because it starts all over again as soon as the break is over. You sure you want that job? It's not cushy. Sorry... I couldn't resist the reality check.

User Info Menu

Hows everything going Yvonne?Hope to catch up with ya.-Congrads!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

a lot of Europeans will "holiday" for weeks or months on end. I've asked them "how does your boss left you off for that long".....
    the reply is much the same as yours.......

"I work mostly 7 days a week, long or even "double time", take no holidays.train myself to do better, and this happens for sometimes more than 2 years in a row......so when its time, I go...He Waits"...lol..........
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

^^^^^^same here but in Texas^^^^we will do what we need to do to stay as long as we can to stay in Ja.-alot of short trips or alot of months staying there legal:0-Big Up for Yvonne enjoyng here freedom in Ja.-well earned IMO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Thank you Vince. All is well here in JA. I'm enjoying chilling on the beach. Hot, but very breezy; some rain the last couple of days (brief, mid to late-afternoon). I seem to be in perpetual nap mode too. It's so easy to do! It's nice to know I won't have to return to the crazy pace of work once I return. (p.s. I forgot to add that to get all that vacation time, you have to first take a $20K pay cut which will take 12-15 years to make back again.)

User Info Menu

Congrats on retirement & your time in Negril!