Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home to Accompong Town. 4 months in Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Re: Home to Accompong Town. 4 months in Jamaica.

Accompong, thank you for the history lesson! I googled Accompong after reading your post and am intrigued with this way of life. My soul has longed for such a peaceful lifestyle. I hope to visit on my next reach.

May I ask are you originally from Accompong?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Teraki View Post
    Accompong, thank you for the history lesson! I googled Accompong after reading your post and am intrigued with this way of life. My soul has longed for such a peaceful lifestyle. I hope to visit on my next reach.

May I ask are you originally from Accompong?

I (more or less) laid my life bare from 1978 - 2007 in the following link (which also appears in my signature line)
    http://www.negril.com/discus/message...tml?1290352358 (story starts from the bottom thread)

I was just a tourist like most of you here (and still consider myself one today) who just happened to combine (with a lot of good fortune and luck) my adventurous side with my writer's curiosity to string together nearly 30 years of travels and living experiences all over the island of Jamaica.

Good fortune and dumb luck let me stumble upon Accompong Town in 1992 and allowed me to realize that these people were somehow very special and our mutual Respect for each other has only grown and grown from there.

I hope I am in Accompong Town when you decide to visit so I can help to show you why I love living there so much.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

hey bill, glad you are going to be there . . . i could check you out??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    hey bill, glad you are going to be there . . . i could check you out??

Hey Jitters. Anytime mi fren! It ain't Mockingbird Hill but I think you wouldn't want that anyways, right??

Marshall (in Accompong Town) has my cell phone so I know my number is still active. I will email you that number as well as Marshall's cell phone number. Give me a call when you are coming.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Nuff Respect.
    Peace and Guidance

User Info Menu

I live out on the edge of Cockpit country-not far from Maroon town-and would love to drive over and meet you and visit your area..I've heard the parties there our quite impressive..Would love to contact you some way-unfortunately I can no longer PM people on this mess. board...
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Thanks for the invitation to show us around Accompong Town. I will surely contact you when I can make a visit. Visiting Accompong Town and the Maroons have always been on my list every since I started visiting Jamaica and doing my research on the country. I will be in contact with you to take you up on that offer.
    I am glad you are healing and out of the wheelchair. Jamaica is good for healing.

User Info Menu

Just got this picture a friend took at my house.

Name:  riverstone2.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  35.0 KB

I don't know if these eyes are as haunting to you as they are to me but I just had to share because since I got the picture, I can't stop thinking about it.

A little backround. Me and a friend held a painting class for some of my neighborhood pickney. We said they could paint anything as long as it was somehow related to the Maroon culture.

Well, imagine our surprise when a 13 yo boy proudly handed us this rock! This was his vision of a Maroon warrior laying in ambush to attack a British soldier during the Maroon Wars in 1737.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Peace and Guidance

User Info Menu

Bill,

I'd love to come up there. I had relationship with folks in Elderslie and was there many times.

Never got over to the Accompong side. Wish I had.

A lot of German's over in Elderslie. Blonde hair and blues eyes and very fair skin

I think we've both seen the best of Jamaica

Respect
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Bill,

I'd love to come up there. I had relationship with folks in Elderslie and was there many times.

Never got over to the Accompong side. Wish I had.

A lot of German's over in Elderslie. Blonde hair and blues eyes and very fair skin

I think we've both seen the best of Jamaica

Respect

Captain.... as I said previously to you, "you are most welcome" at my house anytime and, in fact, I would consider it an honor if you do so.

Though we are separated by distances, I can tell that we cry the same tears when it comes to Jamaica.

A short walk from Accompong Town is the German village of Seaforth Town where the majority of its residents are still blue eyed and white. Over the years that is changing and although slowly it is for the good of everyone.

We have walked the same lands, swam in the same river and enjoyed the friendship of the people around Maggotty, Elderslie, Thornton, Siloh and many more towns in this special place.

Nuff Respect mi fren. Peace and Guidance.

User Info Menu

I just received another painted stone picture that I wanted to share. This boy, who painted this stone, is 11yo. Boy, I wish I had that type of talent.

Peace and Guidance
    Attached Images Attached Images