Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food Food Food

User Info Menu

Food Food Food

....I love the food in Jamaica....very rare that I ever have bad food there. So since my trip is in a couple weeks - of course its time to talk about new places to try and old places I love (lol)

New places to try:
    • Seven Mile (above Hammonds) for ROTI
    • Sweet Spot (beach road)
    • Alfred's (fish and chips) - only had lots of rum and fries there lol

Places I know and will be visiting:
    • Jenny's (YEA its open - was closed last visit)
    • Miss Sonia's (food and wisdom)
    • Eddie's De Bar (jerk and callaloo
    • Chicken Lavish

Only have a week and a night in Negril and that pretty much fills my days but.......any other MUST DOs?
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

I love Just Natural Jamaican Breakfast--and the ambiance for just chilling and enjoying a meal is so sweet. And Sips and Bites escovitch fish--or anything really. But there are so many good spots to hit and never enough time to get to them all. This last trip I only ate 2 meals out--one at half moon and one at the Saturday night Seastar buffet--the rest all home-cooked. And thanks for your cooking tips--I put them to good use!

User Info Menu

I like all those places.Last trip I had the best fried chicken. It was on the beach. West Lea cabins. It was delicious and it was from their food case. It wasn't hot but served Yardie style. It was one of the top fried chickens I have ever eaten. Next trip I will have the chef cook me some up fresh.

User Info Menu

Best 4 meals from my last reach:
    1. Escovich Fish at Sun Beach (ate it like 4 times)
    2. Chicken Chop Suey at Sweet Spot (yeah I never saw that one comin')
    3. Curry Conch at Cosmoes (huge portion but a little expensive)
    4. Conch Soup from Jason (roadside stand across from Nirvana...open sunset to late night)

User Info Menu

thanks irie - love love love Jus Natural and Sips/bites too.....hmm
    great tip Shooter
    Sam those are great ones....already cking Sweet Spot (Smith certified lol); great other suggestions.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
    1. Escovich Fish at Sun Beach (ate it like 4 times)
    Thanks Sam, made note of this, love me some escovich

User Info Menu

No kidding... the best I have had. And good and spicy Had my lips tingling for a hour after dinner. By the end of my trip Robert and Bumba (?) at the Sunbeach bar put in the order before I even sat down... guess I am predictable!

Another fav was the brown stew fish at Sweet Spice.

User Info Menu

Chill Awhile @ Idle Awhile has consistently good food and great service. Charela Inn has the best desserts. My favorite is probably Chicken Lavish (sweet and sour chicken - yum!), which you already have listed. Love the Chicken Lola at LTU. De Bar is my new favorite place for jerk chicken. Next time I'm in Negril, I want to try the jerk pork from the guy on the beach. Pee Wees has great breakfasts. Think I also read that Serious Chicken is open again. That would be a good one to check out.

User Info Menu

Sips and Bites on the cliffs and Montana's by the beach are two great places with low prices too.

User Info Menu

I second Montanas for awesome banana bread French toast. Tekla runs things - she's a sweetheart.