Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 questions - ID and jerk chicken

User Info Menu

Re: 2 questions - ID and jerk chicken

3 dives lobster is out of this world. Taking your Id is a good idea.

User Info Menu

I had some good chicken at Sun Beach. My GF doesn't like ultra spicy and she enjoyed. Also, talking to Dennis the Menace is a trip.

User Info Menu

Booger's got it exactly right between the 2 you asked about - 3 Dives and DeBar.
    How about trying them both different days and giving us your report? - everyone has different tastes.

Now that you've found several jerk chicken places, and gotten new suggestions, too, I want to suggest an expansion.
    Try going up to Red Dragon for their jerk pork - it's for lunch, though, not dinner.
    It's ready about 12:30 or so, and served until it runs out - so is why not dinner.
    I also don't like my food hot (spicy) - and their jerk pork can be. But if you ask them to pick out some pork and leave out the hot peppers they can do it no problem. It will still have a likkle of the hot flavor, which I do like, but not burn you. And their Red Stripes are really cold - go perfectly with it.
    Any taxi driver will know where it is.

For the ID off resort - the only time I carry it is when I need to cash travelers checks.
    But like some suggested, I also carry a copy of my passport ID page all the time.
    It won't let you cash travelers checks, but in case the worse happens - like something medical - they will know who you are.
    08: Jan-NegrilTreehouse
    08: Nov-RoomsOnTheBeach, Ochi & TobysResort, MoBay
    09: Apr-Legends, Negril
    09: Dec-Legends, Negril
    10: Apr-HolidayInnSunspree, Mobay & SeastarInn, Negril
    10: Nov&Dec-SeastarInn & FunHoliday, Negril & SunsetResort, Treasure Beach
    11: Mar-FootePrints & NegrilBeachClubCondos, Negril
    11: Sep-Legends, Negril
    12: Sep-SeastarInn, Negril
    13: Mar-Match Resort & Bay View Resort, Port Antonio & El Greco, MoBay
    13: Dec-SeastarInn & Shields, Negril & VerneyHouse, MoBay

User Info Menu

Cool Re: 2 questions - ID and jerk chicken

My take:

Booger was right on with his advice. My personal opinion is that Eddie's De Bar has the best chicken, (Granny sauce, rice and peas and calalloo) of any place I have eaten in Negril PERIOD. The vibe there is awesome and I could (and have) sat there for hours and hours. Most food in Negril is "cooked to order" so its FRESH so you are gonna wait but its worth it.....unless you eat from a barrell but in my opinion you have to time it just right so its DONE but not cooked and sitting on the pit too long or it gets dry........I do love 3Dives and their food is great too - in my taste tho Eddie's edges them out by a nose jus barely.

Name:  048.JPG
Views: 374
Size:  80.3 KB
    Name:  DeBar Jerk Chicken Sauce.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  93.2 KB
    Name:  DeBar Menu.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  77.2 KB
    Name:  Calaloo Rice n Peas.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  81.0 KB

3Dives view is so nice to watch the sunset too so I recommend BOTH also. And their grilled lobster yummy.

I loved the old Bourbon Beach jerk but have not tried them since they reopened. They used to have very authentic jerk using planks and pimento and the sauce was amazing.....HOT yes but if you mix a bit of ketchup in it and just DAB (lol) it was delish.

I always carry my ID (prefer to have it with me) but I think it depends on if you have a safe, etc. where you are staying. I do this wherever I travel but a copy is a good idea if you have a safe place to keep your stuff locked up.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

had Bourbon Beach on tuesday - it was the same as always - AMAZING.. seriously - some of the best - but the OP suggested they wanted something else so..... On ohiobuckeyes suggestion - i love Raggabones pork at red dragon - soooooooo good - and worth the walk/ or ride up the hill to get some.. BEST PORK IN NEGRIL..

i dont know - i have never really enjoyed three dives food - the view and vibe - great - but the chicken is - ehh... Driven by de bar hundreds of times - not sure why i havent gotten there - except knowing they are family to 3 dives makes me think i wouldnt like it any better - but admittedly - havent been so wont comment further... i still come back to Blue Dandy every trip - now thats finger licken good.

User Info Menu

They dont call him Step Aside for nothing

Marshall is the man! Super nice guy too!

Name:  167249.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  85.3 KB
    Name:  resized_image7.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  54.2 KB
    Name:  resized_image9.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  39.3 KB

User Info Menu

So who's got the spiciest Jerk around these days? I used to love that black tar sauce at DeBus before it became Bourboun Beach.
    I love the spicy pork the guy on the beach brings around (Dean?), I prefer it to Red Dragon's.
    Jerk Lobster at 3-Dives is great, but pricey and the wait is ridiculous there sometimes, great place for sunset though.

User Info Menu

Dean, the Jerk Pork Guy, has the same pork as Ragabones/RedDragon. Mild or hot. Hot is Hot. Both are great.

Regarding 3Dives, I just had the 1 and 1/2 lobster special with riceandpeas and callaloo on Tuesday night. The lobster was good sized, the spare 1/2 was really big and the portions of sides were huge. $2500J and the wait was only as long as it took to cut the lobsters up, grill them and plate them, maybe 10 or 15 minutes tops. Chicken is going to take a bit longer, mon. I haven't had a long wait at 3Dives in a long time. Here's a secret tip....ask for your lobster "fried"!!
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

Best Jerk Chicken is really subjective, isn't it! For restaurants, I like the beach bar at Coco and 3Dives. For barrels, I like Miller's across from Kuyaba(he'll bottle his granny sauce for you). If you don't mind a wait on Friday or Saturday night, the Simple and Fuzzy blue barrel in the cambio lot next to ValueMaster, at night only, has some awesome chicken. Biggs is good as is BestinWest.
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich"-Warren Zevon

User Info Menu

We enjoy the jerk chicken at BGrill (cliffs) next to the No Limit Bar. Bernard does his chicken (whole, half & quarter) without sauce. He also prepares soups (conch & chicken foot), seafood (fish, lobster & shrimp) and sides (pumpkin rice, breadfruit, corn & roasted potato).