Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 questions - ID and jerk chicken

User Info Menu

Re: 2 questions - ID and jerk chicken

Man....now I am hungry!

User Info Menu

Wow!! You guys are great! We wanted to try Best in the West last year but our driver said BB was the best. You have given us some great places to try. Now just have to get my husband out and about more than once or twice during our trip! He can be a little difficult

As far as ID goes - I made copies of our passports and driver licenses so we'll make sure to take something with us just in case.

At the hotel now just waiting til our 5:30 am shuttle tomorrow to the airport!!! I'll let y'all know what we find out as far as the jerk chicken goes. May just have to do a comparison of some places while there.

Thanks again!
    Cindy

User Info Menu

Me too, Marley! Hah!

3 Dives was so good. The sause is hot, real hot, but the chicken by itself is so good. I do eat the sause and it always went down betta with a Spitfire! Sitting out at the cliff bench with bird n beer is the life.

User Info Menu

bjritz - what is spitfire? I know it's beer but is it more like an ale or just a stronger RS? My husband would probably like that! What bars have it?

User Info Menu

carry copies of some kind of ID....you are in a place "where nobody knows your name" (as in Cheers)....when in another country.........wont be long same will apply in USA.........
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

try ozzies,just up from sea splash and across the road,awsome imo

User Info Menu

I second Biggs near Hidden Paradise. He's just past Shamrock. He does his chicken fresh daily but it usually isn't ready until around 7PM. You can choose what sauce to add afterwards. I find the chicken very juicy and wonderful.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Bumping.

So does the best place for jerk still stand as follows?

Jerk chicken
    Eddie's DeBar
    Bourban Beach

Jerk Pork
    Ragabones/Red Dragon
    Dean, the Jerk Pork Guy

Close contenders
    BGrill
    3 Dives

Anyone tried Scotchies or know how they compare? I read they are the best in the country...so many choices! I seriously can't wait to eat all the jerk I can get!

User Info Menu

Scotchies is the BEST, in my book. I've tried the others, and I've tried jerk all over the island (including the world-famous Boston jerk), but Scotchies has the best smoked flavor. They also have a consistent selection of roast yam, breadfruit, sw potato, bammie, bean & dumpling soup. I stop there each reach, often before I leave MoBay ... but ALWAYS before I board my plane, I take a to-go lunch with me for the flight.
    Having said that, my favorite jerk sauce is one that's made by a jerk centre near Runaway Bay .... Ultimate Jerk Centre .... It's right across the street from the Green Grotto Caves on the Queens Hwy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Scotchies is the BEST, in my book. I've tried the others, and I've tried jerk all over the island (including the world-famous Boston jerk), but Scotchies has the best smoked flavor. They also have a consistent selection of roast yam, breadfruit, sw potato, bammie, bean & dumpling soup. I stop there each reach, often before I leave MoBay ... but ALWAYS before I board my plane, I take a to-go lunch with me for the flight.
    Having said that, my favorite jerk sauce is one that's made by a jerk centre near Runaway Bay .... Ultimate Jerk Centre .... It's right across the street from the Green Grotto Caves on the Queens Hwy.
    Thanks for the review Kritter. So its possible to stop by the Scotchies in MoBay on my way to Negril right? I'm hoping its not too far from the airport.