Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 questions - ID and jerk chicken

User Info Menu

2 questions - ID and jerk chicken

I know I asked about jerk chicken a loooong time ago and went to Bourbon Beach last July - LOVED IT!!!! (We don't do the sauce! I just can't....) So anyway - looking for another place to go this week. I've read De Bar and 3 Dives is supposed to be good but one of them (thinking De Bar) is a really long wait. I just want really good chicken - no sauce. Any info would be appreciated.

Question #2 -We have never taken our dr. licenses or anything when off resort. I know - maybe kinda stupid but should we make sure to carry these from now on. I think I know the answer but had to ask so I can tell my husband you guys said so.

Thanks!!!!

User Info Menu

Re: 2 questions - ID and jerk chicken

Look for a barrel guy on the beach rd.. his barrel says blue dandy.. I think he makes some of the best.. not too hot.

User Info Menu

#2 - take photocopies of your passports with you off resort. You don't have to worry about loss or damage, and it's smart to have, just in case...

User Info Menu

Best in the West Jerk is also excellent. Across the street from CocoLaPalm. I know you said you don't like sauce, but their sauce is great. It starts off sweet and then has a nice kick. Not too hot, just really nice. I had the jerk at 3 Dives and MUCH prefer Best in the West. I found 3 Dives sauce just too overpowering. If you like the sauce at Best in the West, they can sell you a jar for $5. I bought 4 back home with me. My son LOVES it ...

User Info Menu

I like Mr. Biggs, his chicken is really good. He is located next to Hidden Paridise. Not very hot, and ask for his mild sauce.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

User Info Menu

For good Jerk Chicken...Best in the West. 3Dives service is kinda slow but most places are...the chicken is not that bad either.

I always carrying my license with me anywhere that I go.
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

best in the west is good - but i am not a fan of 3 dives.. just sayin - Blue Dandy beats them both : ) if you cant find Blue - 'Step Aside' is a good runner up.. also if it is late at night - 'Fish' makes excellent chicken.. youll find him where ever there is a party

User Info Menu

So you asked about 3 Dives and Debar. They are both relatively close as they are the same family. Now 3 Dives is on the water and offers up an amazing sunset. Debar is on the morass side of the road and offer up an amazing vibe. So it really depends on what you are looking for. Both places are slow in the general sense, however if you want prepared to order you will wait regardless and that is a good thing. If it was me, Debar wins hands down as Eddie the owner has an amazing yard and the overall vibe suits my needs. He'll light a fire for you to kick back by, locals in the neighborhood seem to frequent the place, his beer is cold, and him and his brother Trevor are amazing host. But if you are flexible I would recommend the following: Go to 3 Dives and order up for sunset and take it all in. When you grow tired of the place hop in a route taxi and make your way to Debar. I would backtrack to Spyda's for a few and than hit Xtabi on the way for a few drinks and some cave action. After that it's time to shut it down at Eddie's. Or if you want to have some fun you can swing by C&D bar and have a great time listening to and singing some country with Connie before you hit Eddie's.
    So cliffs notes is simple, the food is relatively close and it depends on what you are looking for. I do know that I will make this trek on my next reach and I cannot freaking wait....... Good times soon come.

User Info Menu

N

User Info Menu

Step Aside is usually very good and he's out only late at night like they said, where the party is. I love 3 Dives food. My last reach I couldn't stay away from 3 dives.
    Live,Stay true to yourself, and Never Compromise for anything