Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Pineapple closing August 11th...

User Info Menu

Re: Grand Pineapple closing August 11th...

Sunset at the Palms should be good. Maybe they could even put another bed in the room if sharing doesn't work out. It looks like a great property from photos and reports the grounds are beautiful and the food and bar seem great While not on seven mile--the beach there looks nice and you know enough about taxis to get into town if you want. Enjoy! Looking forward to a report-- there hasn't been much mention of SATP on this board. Nice that you weren't stuck at some random Sandals.

User Info Menu

Below is a link to a really good trip report about SATP...very detailed!

http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...ort-ULTRA-BUMP

User Info Menu

I am really stoked about this, because it looks really nice, and if the king bed doesn't work out, they have the daybeds on the patios, and I will sleep out in the open, lol! And normally they have been priced out of my range of even considering, but since my friend's husband came up with a deal where it would actually be a few dollars cheaper from what I understand, I can afford it! I'm just glad I got the info when I did, because when he called, he said he got the last room!

User Info Menu

I'm curious as to what's up with Sandals. First not renewing their lease of Beaches and now closing Grand Pineapple. Things that make you go hmmm...
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

The interesting part is those with GP reservations who hang in there could find themselves in MUCH MORE expensive property without having to fork over more money ....

User Info Menu

They could also end up anywhere else on the island however

User Info Menu

Sunset at the Palms looks beautiful! Just checked out their website. Looks like a blessing in disguise that your other hotel plans fell thru. I think you will have a wonderful time at SATP. :-)

User Info Menu

Surprising news, for sure. It's one property on the beach where they seem to have a decent occupancy this summer, at least from what I observe on frequent beach walks. Treehouse is the other.

User Info Menu

Wow it's so sad. This is the place I've stayed at on my first trip to Jamaica in 2004. When I started my career as a travel agent it was my first pick to offer to my clients if they wanted to be in a desent AI but still in the center of action. Last year by this time is was alredy on STOP SALE for winter holidays. I hope all the staff gets better offers they deserve. I hope the place comes back soon with the same concept and price range just freshly remodeled.

User Info Menu

"every ting gots its price, and then sometimes sellin is the smarter choice....these owners didnt get to where there are by being stupid, just it would be nice that no body gets hurt by it.....
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning