Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the first thing you do the first morning you wake up in Negril?

User Info Menu

First thing, jamaican blue mountain coffee--take it out by the sea, and gaze at the many colors of blue. Then I like to go for a long walk down the beach followed by a swim. If I am feeling the party from the night before, sometimes I switch the order around because a jump in the sea cures all.

User Info Menu

Cup of coffee....do a likkle "cleaning"..........cough a bit...........repeatName:  Jamaica 2006 117 (Medium).JPG
Views: 469
Size:  58.0 KB
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Go for a run on the beach, then Blue Mountain Coffee and rum cream with the Caribbean Sea as my landscape...
    Sandi Sans 85/87, CCLP 2002/03/04/05/06/07/08, June/July 2011

User Info Menu

I make a big cup of coffee, then spend at least a couple of hours gazing out at the sea. Whether on beach or cliffs, the verandah where I'm staying or a restaurant with a wonderful view (Kuyaba's birds-eye table for example), there's something about watching the water that calms me and places me in a great state of mind.

On the last full day, I walk for a couple of hours - again, beach or cliffs depending on where I'm staying - and try to notice the little things along the way. Sometimes even when I've stayed for 3 weeks I get so busy seeing old friends, making new ones, and enjoying travel mates that I forget to take time to enjoy those things about the environment that I truly miss when I'm back home.

User Info Menu

First thing I do is wonder what time it is and then I get up and peek through the curtains to see of the sun is shining. Once I've established that, then I verify the time. Don't know why but that's what I gotta do just about each and every day. Then I try to be as quiet as I can so I don't wake hubbie and head down to greet anyone else that's up and about while I get my coffee and muffin and head to the pool with my book. So quiet and calm listening to the birds and early morning sounds. Young kids getting ready for school in the neighborhood. Couple of roosters crowing and the occasional barking dog. Watch one of the Seastar staff setting up the bar for another wonderous day.

User Info Menu

Log on to the networks I administer up north. Sip my coffee and Tia Maria and Rum Cream. Get a few things cleaned up in the databases while I adjust my altitude.

Then I wonder what life is like in a cubicle.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Bea took the words right out of my mouth...the morning usually consists of some type of aspirin, then some coffee and breakfast while watching the tranquil sea....ahhhhhh.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

I get up that first morning right when the darkest night is gone and the birds begin to chirp welcoming the dawn. I don't know what makes me wake up so early, but every first morning it happens. So I light one up and sit back and watch the sky lighten and the sun come up. Then I head to the sea to go swimming and snorkeling..and just ..well, for want of a better word, frolicking in the wata. It's not water here..there is something purer about it to me..it's wata, and it heals and soothes my soul, while waking me up completely to the beginning of a new day, and I realize there is nowhere else I would rather be.

User Info Menu

I wake up and go out to the deserted beach and swim side to side to side as hard as I can inside the beach boueys or get daring and go out if no fisherman out further usually 5:30-7 timeframe. Same thing I do every morning no matter what the night before held (ok all but once).

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

First day and everyday morning ritual...

Put on slightly damp swim suit from the night before, head over to the pool at Seastar, quick shower at the pool shower, walk down the stairs into the pool. Two quick laps to sober up, upstairs for Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, then chat it up with the Staff to find out Wa gwaan.... the rest of the day just happens....

Enjoy,

VVHT