Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transportation from Kingston to Portland

User Info Menu

Cool Transportation from Kingston to Portland

Great Huts has $130 one way from Kingston to Boston Beach. Is this average? What about to other areas of Portland? Any one know what Zion Country charges? No JUTA buses from King to Portland? What do local drivers charge?

Route taxis are out for me as I would have luggage and do not know the area.

I am just trying to get ideas of the cost.
    Last edited by TBfan; 07-29-2012 at 09:55 AM.

User Info Menu

Re: Transportation from Kingston to Portland

Quote Originally Posted by TBfan View Post
    Great Huts has $130 one way from Kingston to Boston Beach. Is this average? What about to other areas of Portland? Any know what Zion Country charges? No JUTA buses from King to Portland? What do local drivers charge?

Route taxis are out for me as I would have luggage and do not know the area.

I am just trying to get ideas of the cost.
    that is about average.

I would recommend Warren and Kemar Mckenzie brothers live in Port Antonio and will go out of their way to insure your trip is a special one.

876-883-9081 or wgam84@yahoo.com

Vi can also provide a contact for a local driver

No JUTA shuttle from Kingston-PA at least not like what is offered in the other areas such as Negril Ochie etc
    Last edited by sammyb; 07-29-2012 at 09:35 AM.

User Info Menu

Thanks.

Looks like the problem with Portland is the same as TB. The ground transportation is not cheap. But I enjoy areas like TB and hopefully Portie so much more than Negril or Ochie.
    Last edited by TBfan; 07-29-2012 at 09:57 AM.

User Info Menu

both areas TB and Portland are far from the airports.. but once yu get there, its all systems go .

User Info Menu

Thank you.

I have been to TB many times so I know what is where etc.

I drove through Portland sightseeing in 2000 or 2001 so I know very little. What I do know is that for years I have been hoping to get up that way.
    Last edited by TBfan; 07-29-2012 at 07:45 PM.

User Info Menu

that price is average . . . you might get $10 difference here and there . . . not worth shopping around . . . are you staying at zion?

User Info Menu

For years I have been hoping to stay @ Zion and something always comes up to keep me from Portland.

I hope to stay @ Zion.

User Info Menu

I am waiting to hear back from Free I to find out if he has a room for the days that I hope to spend in Portland.

User Info Menu

free i is a gem . . . "he's the host with the most" . . . one of my friends that i brought to zion gave him that nickname . . .

staying at zion while free i is not on site is a different vibe though, so, you might check if he will be there while you're there . . . just my two cents worth.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    free i is a gem . . . "he's the host with the most" . . . one of my friends that i brought to zion gave him that nickname . . .

staying at zion while free i is not on site is a different vibe though, so, you might check if he will be there while you're there . . . just my two cents worth.
    Thanks.
    Still waiting to hear from Free-I