Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: December Airfares

User Info Menu

Re: December Airfares

Hi Shelly.. I agree with everything you are saying, i've only spent 1 new years in jamaica, leaving home the day after christmas. I felt terrible the whole time and told myself that i would never be anyplace but home for the holidays...and didn't understand how anyone else could intentionaly do so..HOWEVER I still feel that Luvsdaislands needs to have some ME time Now. Traditions change and everyone goes with the flow....besides her grands are too young to know what day it is or that gm is not there. Now in a couple of years things will be different and you can go with flow or not....and don't feel guilty about enjoying yourself, YOU deserve it!! IMHO.

User Info Menu

I got lucky today!!!! Brought my ticket today for $748 first class on Delta....leaving on 12/21...

I had no intention on seat shopping today....no intentions at ALL....matter of fact; my intentions were to work hard today on work stuff....

But something happened....a news article popped up on my screen about United installing slimmer seats starting next year.....which led me to investigate more....so I starting ready all the insulting comments about fat people and the slimmer seats

at that instance, something just told me to look for December seat prices (I normally don't start looking until October)...looked at economy first...prices were high, then looked at first class and low and behold seats that were lower than economy....

Immediately booked....went back an hour later just to see if the price was still the same.....NOPE...that first class seat was now selling for $2100....my lucky day......

User Info Menu

Lovechild, you are truly blessed!!! Way to go!! See you in December....................

User Info Menu

For 20 years we went to Negril over Xmas and New Years .....so we did Xmas the weekend before for our kids and grandkids....complete with stockings, pressies and turkey dinner.........I never had a complaint from the kids about having 2 xmas days and early opening of presents LOL......

User Info Menu

Book. Pack. Go. Enjoy. See you in Negril. Happy Kwanzaa. Merry Xmas. Happy New Year. Do what matters all year. As for the Grands once they're older and you start showing them the world, they'll thank you for it. Too many go through life Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda and then DIE or need a wheel chair to get around in. Teach them to enjoy and appreciate life as they grow and YOU enjoy it now.

User Info Menu

I just couldn't bring myself to miss my granddaughter's first Christmas, but my daughter is a single parent so that makes a difference. I want to be in Jamaica for Christmas so desperately! Mostly to get away from the hype of American Christmas, which IMO has gotten way out of hand.

User Info Menu

tell them kids and grandkids - thanks for the christimas present - the gift to go away :-)

User Info Menu

As the years go by and my kids are 26 and 22; grandie is 2 1/2, I've gotten much more selfish! I've been a single parent (and grandparent) for 26 years now and I do deserve some time!

I do admit that when my son was 19 I just left a note on the fridge: "Gone to JA - call you when I get there!" He freaked out and called his friend "What do I do?" LOL, feed the dog, let him out, go to work, don't burn down the house, Jeez!

User Info Menu

I agree with Robin. My grand kids think it's great that they get two Christmas Day's. It makes it really special for me as well - I don't have to share them with their other grandparents - LOL. They look forward to my phone call on Christmas day and can't wait to fill me in on their day. OH, and they are 9, 5, and 3.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by doctoro View Post
    Book. Pack. Go. Enjoy. See you in Negril. Happy Kwanzaa. Merry Xmas. Happy New Year. Do what matters all year. As for the Grands once they're older and you start showing them the world, they'll thank you for it. Too many go through life Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda and then DIE or need a wheel chair to get around in. Teach them to enjoy and appreciate life as they grow and YOU enjoy it now.
    This is actually how I feel....