Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Bob Marley reincarnated"?...Ummmm...I don't think so.

User Info Menu

Re: "Bob Marley reincarnated"?...Ummmm...I don't think so.

can't wait to hear the new album and check out the doc.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Trust me, his message isn't going to change, just the beat of the music will change. Looking at the video, he is still promoting drug abuse. I wouldn't waste a minute on him or his music. Go back to California Snoop Dog.

User Info Menu

Lots of reggae music references ganja and promotes its use.

User Info Menu

I've watched the trailer three times and don't see where he is claiming to be Bob Marley reincarnated. In fact Bob's name or image don't show up at all. Perhaps this is in another trailer or article? I would think it would be disrespectful for Snoop to make that inference so I was very interested to see it. I think the title "Reincarnation" is not about Bob at all but in the reincarnation (rebirth) of himself. I understand how the two could be confused as the colors, reggae, and rastafari movement have always been so strongly associated with Bob. Maybe I'm misinterpreting....

Catcha '11

User Info Menu

Well LA LA LA was just an average dub with Millionaires of Love's Antibella as the background track......not that impressed so far.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Agreed Kevin. That was pretty rough. Fan of Snoop. Fan of Reggae. Not sure they blend well though. Good for him for doing something different and hopefully his embrace of JA in sincere....

Catcha '11

User Info Menu

Go 'head, Snoop. Forward!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bherald View Post
    Trust me, his message isn't going to change, just the beat of the music will change. Looking at the video, he is still promoting drug abuse. I wouldn't waste a minute on him or his music. Go back to California Snoop Dog.
    I've tried to ignore this comment but I just can't let it go. Lots of artists in all genre of music promote drug abuse. Roll out the Barrel? Smoking in the boys room? Whiskey in the jar? Shall I move onto country songs with references to cocaine alcohol and nicotine found in many classic tunes. The term drug abuse is very subjective. What constitutes a drug and what constitutes abuse? How many people need that cup of speed...I mean coffee every morning? Caffeine is a drug and having to have some every morning could be considered abuse?

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Kevin thank you I was biting my tongue. Point well made. Also agree on the track...not real impressed, but I am impressed however with his positive change. Not sure how well it will play out but it's definately a better direction for him in in general. Sounds like he's experiencing a whole life change.
    Stir IT UP