Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Bob Marley reincarnated"?...Ummmm...I don't think so.

User Info Menu

Re: "Bob Marley reincarnated"?...Ummmm...I don't think so.

I am in fully agreement with my brother from PA and TizzyATX. Both about the quality of the music and the outlook of snoop in general.

User Info Menu

Not to tick anyone off.....I'm not a fan of Snoop Dogg, but respect that he found a niche (in rap)and made it succesful.....but I'm less of a fan now....leave this art to those who craft it well.....IMHO, I prefer not to hear his stuff in a Pandora or Music Choice reggae channel...

User Info Menu

Here here.....i agree totally lisapat. Listening to Snoop "trying" to "do" Raggae is just somewhat painful to listen to....IMHO.

User Info Menu

*reggae*

User Info Menu

Well I loved the song, and am looking forward to hearing more. As far as a drug goes, well marijuana is a wonderful plant, both the hemp and the cannabis aspects of that, and when you pay attention to science and reason instead of propaganda and fearmongering, the research has proven that over and over again. Snoop has been a vocal proponent of cannabis use for a long time, so for him to turn to RasTaFarI to further evolve as a human being really makes a lot of sense.

User Info Menu

No disrespect meant...negrilaholic. I personally just don't find SnoopDogg...AKA...SnoopLion....on my list of favorites. I have no problem with rastafarai or smoking of the "herb"...or making items out of hemp...it's a fabulous plant...wish I could grow it legally...just don't like the sound of the "new" Snoop...and not a huge fan of the "old" Snoop. That's all....sorry if I offended you.

User Info Menu

Oh I'm not offended at all, lol, I just tend to get a little activist about marijuana use because of how beneficial it has been in my life to help my ptsd symptoms is all.

User Info Menu

The guy (Snoop) is excited about his new direction and rebirth. He might have meant that he feels the vibe and felt like Bob had entered his soul and misspoke. I'm going to give the Dog a pass on this one for the time being and celebrate the joy that he is feeling right now. He was alive before Bob died so reincarnation is out of the picture.

User Info Menu

As Kevin has said, drug abuse (or definition of a drug), is subjective. A Rastafarian would never consider marijuana a "drug", to him it is a sacrament, and is only one aspect of a way of life. Marijuana has been of very real and substantial benefit to many people. (unlike drugs such as alcohol)
    By the way the guy on the beach with dreadlocks, eating jerk chicken, or asking you to buy him a beer, is not a Rastafarian. Just because a person has dreadlocks, or says he is a Rasta doesn't make it so. I doubt many of us have even spoken with a Rastafarian. No Rastafarian would promote drug abuse. (I know I am probably preaching to the choir
    I hope Snoop is sincere in what he says, his actions will speak louder than words.

User Info Menu

I wonder why not give it some time before casting judgement so quickly. I am psyched that he is taking this turn and seems to have been genuinely touched by true Rasta culture and has had an awakening and recognition of sorts. From comments I have seen (not so much here, but elsewhere) people are being very quick to judge and even down talk his experience and change and be critical of his change in music style. Who is to judge another on their calling. He alone knows his heart, and as an artist will express that. If people don't like his music, they don't have to listen. I for one never listened to him before, and can't say if I will now--but I can relate to what he has described as his experience in Jamaica and the positivity in his change of message. Positivity to the world, I say.