Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Private Taxi Refrences Needed!

User Info Menu

Cool Private Taxi Refrences Needed!

Me and my fiancee will be traveling to Negril in April 2013 and we were really hoping to get a private taxi for the week. We are both in our early 20's and would really like a taxi that caters to the party side of being on vacation in Negril. So any refrences would be much appreciated!

User Info Menu

Re: Private Taxi Refrences Needed!

Hey Joe- congrats on the engagement! Have you been to Negril before? I assure you the 'taxi experience' is part of the fun! Save your loot for red stripes! Its super simple-look for a red plate and just hail em down. For excursions outside of Negril- I would say have someone already in mind to contact.

Ive met alot of funny cats hailing them down off the streets- just adds to the whole jamaica experience jah know

The best was SHABBA- who pulled over and we had a late night dance party in the middle of the road hahaha

User Info Menu

shayne is top notch: Young, energetic, responsible. His number is 876 572 3599; another dependable cabbie is Chunkey, 876 354 5030 .....

User Info Menu

Hey Joe. Your request will not be cheap. Good drivers bring home somewhere around 20000J a day in Jamaica. If you're still interested, try Leon at Coolrun Productions. He can be reached at 876-773-1472. Leon is a stand up guy and doesn't mind you drinking or smoking in his new van. Good luck.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    shayne is top notch: Young, energetic, responsible. His number is 876 572 3599; another dependable cabbie is Chunkey, 876 354 5030 .....
    Hey G .... Is that who u call when u wanna just go somewhere? Meeting u soon Have a safe trip!

You never see it coming ... and the next thing you know ... UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

User Info Menu

They're good, hard-working, honest guys who've been around a while. I've met every kind of cabbie in Negril, the good the bad the ugly. These two are exceptionally good.

User Info Menu

Ok thanks Gerry.

You never see it coming ... and the next thing you know ... UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

User Info Menu

At Catcha at night, ask for Patrick Tate. He is OK.

User Info Menu

Gerryg, was wondering if Shayne/Chunkey work nights?

User Info Menu

of course. competition is tough out there -- Shayne works all day and night, and if he cant be there within ten minutes, he sends a fellow cabbie .... He is very cool and negotiates -- i always tell him he starts too high, lol -- and he knows a lot of peeps .... Chunkey is older, he has a nice van, and shayne has a corolla type car ....