Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite restaurants for lunch?

User Info Menu

Re: Favorite restaurants for lunch?

Sorry to horn in on your thread, but I have never been to Negril, and really want some patties when i get there. Is Niah's the best place to go for them? I am staying on cliffs, but I imagine we will get to the beach. Just in case though, is there somewhere near Tensing Pen to get a great patty as well?

User Info Menu

liz h ..............In a word ..............YES

User Info Menu

Niah's patties are awesome. To top it off, he's a great guy. Was able to hang out with him over a few beers at Tony's hut. He was awesome.

User Info Menu

Love, love Niah's patties! And Niah is as stated..."a sweet, kind, gentle soul" He will hook you up with exactly what you want. If you want it filled with something other than the usual, he will adapt as long as he has the items.

Pon da cliffs, I have no doubts that many of the local eateries will make one on special request. Remember, most of the folks cooking really do aim to please and are more than happy to prepare special orders. I found this out when eating at Shark's(right across from Tensing Pen) one evening and mentioned to Juliet that I was having a hard time finding fresh sorrel. She quickly responded, "Why didn't you ask me?? I will fix some up for you tomorrow" One of the many reasons that I love Negril.

When on the cliffs, check out Out of Town Pastry, further west on One Love Drive. Most anyone can tell you where it is. Getting there early is a must, for items sell out quickly. Some great patties and stuffed coco bread to be had. If you are staying at Tensing Pen, you might check out Ras Rody's. Ras Rody's is ital and open during the day but not the late evening. It might be worth asking them to fix you up an ital patty. They may well cook you up one on the next day. Always worth asking. Have a great visit!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by liz h View Post
    Sorry to horn in on your thread, but I have never been to Negril, and really want some patties when i get there. Is Niah's the best place to go for them? I am staying on cliffs, but I imagine we will get to the beach. Just in case though, is there somewhere near Tensing Pen to get a great patty as well?
    Liz...Niah's, Miss Sonia's & a place called The Sandwich Hut (near Tensing) all make a more traditional type of patty which is more like a cornish pasty & a full meal deal!!
    The patties that can be found from the patty men on the beach, Out of Town Pastry or patty shops around town are more commercialized, smaller but delicious! Instant snack!

User Info Menu

I like Chances they have the best pizza in negril. Sometimes i need a break from jerk chicken. But Niahs Pattys are also really good for lunch to.

User Info Menu

I'm a FB junkie because I keep looking for the "LIKE" button!!! LOL!!!

My favorites are:
    Sunbeach
    Best In The West
    Ms. Etty's (in Orange Hill)
    Red Dragon
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Luvsdaislands View Post
    I'm a FB junkie because I keep looking for the "LIKE" button!!! LOL!!!
    Here ya' go. Just click on this

Name:  fb-like-button.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  19.8 KB

User Info Menu

Who has the best veggie burger?

User Info Menu

On the cliffs, Sips 'n Bites is another favorite of mine. I always just ask what they have ready that day and choose from those offerings. They'll make anything on the menu for you if you're willing to wait. Inexpensive, delicious meals and really nice folks. They don't serve alcohol, but I've heard they don't mind if you BYOB.