Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best place to go to the beach??-Staying on de cliffs.

User Info Menu

Re: Best place to go to the beach??-Staying on de cliffs.

Thanks for all the suggestions eyeryone!!!

NegrilSalute, that a good idea. Could do that beach day 1 and scope out what's what. If we do a day 2, we would then have a better idea of what's what

Heard/read about the all higglers....we'll be alright...(I'm 6'2"/215 and not easily intimidated)......a smile, and no thanks, mon!!

Have the map from: http://media.tripod.lycos.com/2567851/2007898.pdf all 5 pages printed in color on card stock and laminated in plastic. Thought it might come in handy.

Appreciate any and all suggestions...this board is great!!...we will be able to reference this down there as we have a PC in our villa.

WildThingCruises??, Cost of taxi??? Anyone??

Thanks all
    L&M

Margot and Lee--Moon Dance Cliffs--August 27, 2012
    *****We Went and Saved the Best for Last*****

User Info Menu

We've hung out on the beach at Kuyaba, when staying on the cliffs. We just bought a couple drinks at the bar and they didn't mind us using their facilities. The security guard even fetched us a couple lounge chairs and towels.

How is the security at Sun Beach? I mean, is it safe to leave a bag on your chair while taking a dip in ocean? I know at some places, you may want to ask the bartender to keep an eye on your belongings when you go off for a swim.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    We've hung out on the beach at Kuyaba, when staying on the cliffs. We just bought a couple drinks at the bar and they didn't mind us using their facilities. The security guard even fetched us a couple lounge chairs and towels.

How is the security at Sun Beach? I mean, is it safe to leave a bag on your chair while taking a dip in ocean? I know at some places, you may want to ask the bartender to keep an eye on your belongings when you go off for a swim.
    Mike_D

Yeah, that's our concern. You're obviously going to have a fews bucks with you, a small camera, personal items, etc. It would be best if they didn't just suddenly grow legs. Does the security guard keep an eye on your stuff?? Even at best I would think that would be limited. Does everyone just have the bartender watch their "bag"??

If your staying on the beach, this is obviously not an issue as you only go to the beach with what your wearing if you want to swim. If you want to take some pictures, then you go up to room, get camera, take pics and then return said goods to the room.

Do any of the places have lockers?? That would be the best solution it would seem to me.

Thanks all....L&M

Margot and Lee--Moon Dance Cliffs--August 27, 2012
    *****We Went and Saved the Best for Last*****

User Info Menu

go to walmart...they have a waterproof container that can attach to your wrist, swim trunks, keeps our cash, room key, smokes, and things while we swam at the cliffs...search route taxi at top of page on how to use them, but u should b able to get to the beach for about 10.00, i think a couple propertys will shuttle u if u eat and drink with them, wherever u stop to eat or drink should watch ur stuff, just keep ur valuables on u...the box works great....
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet

User Info Menu

Wild Parrot has a great beach and longers, they also own the Wildthing for you cruise

User Info Menu

I have never had any trouble leaving my backpack on my chair, with a towel and going in the water at Sunbeach, Bourbon Beach, Cosmos, BarBBarn, Roots Bamboo, or anywhere along that beach. I dont stay right on the beach either, and take a backpack with some cash (not alot) my camera, water, book.. you know stuff, and nothing has ever gone missing. Maybe i'm just lucky or something though.

I wouldnt let the idea of the 'higglers' on the beach bother you. You will be approached to buy things, but a polite and simple No Thanks works best for me.

Hmm.. your best bet is taking a Route Taxi from the WestEnd to the Beach.
    It will cost you 100J (80J i think but i dont play with change so i give a 100J -- unless its changed since March) to go from your hotel on the Cliffs, to town, and then another 100J to anywhere from town down the Beach Road... per person.
    Sometimes you will have to change taxies in town, but most often the driver that picks you up will drop you off where you want to go. Just remember that each leg of the road is paid separately.

Have fun Sunbrnd!

User Info Menu

Sunbrnd, I used to hang out at this place located right next to Charela and White Sands called Rainbow Arch. It's a place with a thatched roof right on the beach. I spent countless hours there chatting with folks and eating, drinking and swimming. They had lounge chairs also. Maybe one of the regulars here to Negril can verify whether or not they are still in business.

User Info Menu

Never hung out on the beach at Rainbow Arches, but frequent the place for dinner; friendly staff, nice atmosphere and great food!

User Info Menu

A place on the beach could make some extra money if they rented little beach lockers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi View Post
    Never hung out on the beach at Rainbow Arches, but frequent the place for dinner; friendly staff, nice atmosphere and great food!
    Hi Gigi,

Nice to hear that Rainbow Arches is still around! Can't wait to go there again; last time I was there was 6 years ago.