Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Any suggestions for a 2 day stay in Runaway Bay?

User Info Menu

Cool Any suggestions for a 2 day stay in Runaway Bay?

We have friends that are going to be married at Grand Bahia in Runaway Bay in January 2013 while we are in Negril and I was wondering if anyone had any hotel recommendations for a 2 nite stay there? As close to the Grand Bahia as possible is a good thing.

Thanks in advance

Peace
    Elvino

User Info Menu

Re: Any suggestions for a 2 day stay in Runaway Bay?

Hi Elvino....If you have kids...the FDR is a wonderful place to stay. They have nannies for the kids....it's a AI. If you don't have kids, right next door is Breezes, and I believe it's an all adult resort....I think that is also AI. They are pretty pricey though if you only plan to sleep there. I love that part of the island....I'm sure there will be others that may have suggestions for maybe a smaller place to stay. Enjoy your trip!
    FDR Runaway Bay 2006, FDR Runaway Bay 2007, Treehouse Negril 2011

User Info Menu

I was looking around the world wide web and did locate the link:

http://www.jewelresortsrunawaybay.com/

Wow that's quite a nice looking place at Jewel Resort. Too fancy for me, but truly looks lovely!!

Happy Sunday ALL
    Peace,
    Islander - Brynn
    Looking forward to our next visit to beautiful Jamaica! See you soon!!

User Info Menu

Thanks you guys!

Jewells resort, although very cool, is too pricey for me!

Any one ever heard of Piper's Cove? http://www.piperscoveresortjamaica.com/ Looks like a decent joint to me! On the beach too!

Peace
    Elvino

User Info Menu

Hi Elvino - I have stayed at Pipers before. Its nice. Took a route bus from Mobay and they dropped us at the road - bit of a walk down the lane towards the sea. Very nice accomodations - very nice. It has been a few years though. They did have a driver for reasonable rate and there is a local food place very close by that was DELICIOUS and cheap. I enjoyed my stay - don't think there was a pool but there was sea access (although the north side of the island is a bit rough and rugged for me). The staff was professional and it was very quiet and safe. hope that helps.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Thanks for the information ya'll!

Hey Sweetness can you tell me how far Piper's Cove are located from Grand Bahia?

For a high one I asked about pricing for Grand Bahia and I was quoted $706.00 - $744.00 for 2 nights for the two of us! Just about fell off my chair when I read that email! We're not staying there!

Peace
    Elvino

User Info Menu

ONE LOVE!

If you are looking for a cheaper place (think it was like JA$ 4500 a nite), clean and near a taxi-busstop, try Hampton View. Nice, save rooms. TV, kitchen, veranda, hot watta, likkle supermarket. When interested, give Miss Cyntia (2009) a call: 9734337. Just dunno how far it is from Grand Bahia, but she probably can tell you. Hop your choice will be a good one and ava great wedding-party!!

BTW: Rebel Salute festival will also be in Jan. (18 & 19th, Priory, Richmond Estate. Me will be dehdeh!!

Jah bless.

Irie Greets from dem Neths.
    (Where you can buy ganja, same way as you buy patties down in Jamaica! :-P )
    Last edited by Sista Whistle; 09-11-2012 at 08:26 AM.